Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Louie Louie, oh baby
Me gotta go
Let's take it on outta here now
Let's go!

source: Musixmatch
^ Ah yeah, the official words.

At the time, the urban legend/myth was that the Kingsmen did an alternate version with risque words that got the song banned on several stations to prevent corrupting our innocent brains. True or not I don't know, but I bet it boosted sales.

Louie,%20Louie.jpg

Louie Louie, oh no
Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Louie Louie, oh baby
Me gotta go

Fine little girl waits for me
Catch a ship across the sea
Sail that ship about, all alone
Never know if I make it home

Louie Louie, oh no
Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Louie Louie, oh baby
Me gotta go

Three nights and days I sail the sea
Think of girl, constantly
On that ship, I dream she's there
I smell the rose in her hair.

Louie Louie, oh no
Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Louie Louie, oh baby
Me gotta go
Okay, let's give it to 'em, right now!

See Jamaica, the moon above
It won't be long, me see me love
Take her in my arms again
Tell her I'll never leave again

Louie Louie, oh no
Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
Louie Louie, oh baby
Me gotta go
Let's take it on outta here now
Let's go!

source: Musixmatch
Thanks for clearing that up (not that the lyrics make any sense).

^ Ah yeah, the official words.

At the time, the urban legend/myth was that the Kingsmen did an alternate version with risque words that got the song banned on several stations to prevent corrupting our innocent brains. True or not I don't know, but I bet it boosted sales.
What I seem to remember was the lyric: "Every night at ten I lay her again." I believe that supposedly got the song banned. With the mumbling of the lyrics, they could have been saying most anything.

In high school I was in a rock band that played around my town. When we played at the school's "Battle of the Bands" we were not allowed to play Louie, Louie. We didn't really know all the words. Most bands just made them up. I think the school officials thought the song was dirty. (We also could not play Purple Haze because they thought it was all about using drugs. Good thing though, I was no Jimi Hendrix)

In high school I was in a rock band that played around my town. When we played at the school's "Battle of the Bands" we were not allowed to play Louie, Louie. We didn't really know all the words. Most bands just made them up. I think the school officials thought the song was dirty. (We also could not play Purple Haze because they thought it was all about using drugs. Good thing though, I was no Jimi Hendrix)
Clearly, NOBODY knew the words. And when I was in high school, school officials seemed to assume that any hard-to-understand lyrics must necessarily be veiled references to sex or drugs.

Every time you light a lighter, your lighter gets lighter until your lighter gets so light...
...it won't light.

Next time I turn my clock back...
I'm turning it back to when I was 20.

When Luke was having a difficulty using chopsticks at the Chinese restaurant Obi-Wan told Luke...
...“Use the fork, Luke.”

I haven't sold any copies of my autobiography...
...That's the story of my life.

Never laugh at your spouse's choices...
...You are one of them.

When I look at chocolate, I hear two voices in my head.
The first one says, "You need to eat the chocolate.”
The second one says, "You heard. Eat the chocolate."

My wife says that I spend too much time talking to random people online...
...What do you guys think?

Admittedly dark:
Three U.S. soldiers were captured by a German patrol near the Argonne Forest in 1944. In an odd twist, their ranks were Private, Captain and Brigadier General. Per a fairly recent "take no prisoners" edict, the German field commander began assembling a firing squad and announced that each prisoner was allowed one last request before his execution. He first addressed the 19-year-old private:

The young Infantryman responded, "I wanna write one last letter to Mama."

The German commander nodded his assent and motioned to the general. "One final rousing speech for the benefit of these two patriots, which is already prepared and in my cargo pocket."

At that, the young but grizzled Captain was moved to speak out of turn, "Please shoot me before the general starts another f----ing speech!"

You can articulate all that you want to ;) , but it remains one of the greatest rock and roll songs ever recorded. Both Punk and Garage Rock owe a lot to Louie Louie. I love that song! 💯

A woman decided to give herself a big treat for her 70th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice hotel.. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.  She demanded to know why the charge was so high "I agree it's a nice hotel, but the rooms aren't worth $250..00 for just an overnight stay - I didn't even have breakfast!"  The clerk told her that $250.00 is the 'standard rate,' and breakfast had been included had she wanted it. 
She insisted on speaking to the Manager. The Manager appeared and, forewarned by the desk clerk, announced: "This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."  "But I didn't use them."  'Well, they are here, and you could have." He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous."We have the best entertainers from the world over performing here."  "But I didn't go to any of those shows.."  "Well, we have them, and you could have."  No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" and the Manager countered with his standard response.  After several minutes discussion, and with the Manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him. The Manager was surprised when he looked at the check.  "But Madam, this check is for only $50.00"  "That's correct I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me."  "But I didn't!"  "Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."

My 90-year-old grandfather went to see his doctor because, as he said, he "wanted to get his sex drive lowered a little bit."
The doctor just laughed and said, "It's all in your head."
To which my grandfather replied. "I know. That's why I want you to lower it a little bit."

Ha... reminds me of this one:

A man is driving up a steep, narrow mountain road. A woman is driving down the same road. As they pass each other, the woman leans out of the window and yells "PIG!" The man immediately leans out of his window and replies, "BITCH!" They each continue on their way, and ... as the man rounds the next corner, he crashes into a pig in the middle of the road.

Top Bottom