Total newbie!

UkeGirl22

Reaction score
Hi everyone, glad I found this site! I’m still relatively new to playing classical and acoustic guitar, and wanted to get a 6-string uke/guitalele for travel. Definitely will post to grab some advice here!

Greetings mate, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week best of luck for you.

Welcome.
Are you planning on getting into playing classical ukulele?

Welcome.
Are you planning on getting into playing classical ukulele?
I am so new to all of this that I am just figuring out what I like most. I really like the sound best of my steel string acoustic (Art & Lutherie cedar) versus my Cordoba classical full-size. I am mostly into classic rock and folk music, but I’m pretty eclectic (ACDC to Vivaldi). I was reading on this forum that there are steel string, 6-string ukes, so I might do some more digging. Right now I’m trying to find the happy medium between cost and sound/function. This was being purchased for travel, but now I’m getting into it and really like the guitaleles. The really small 6-string ukes tuned E-E like I’d prefer don’t leave any room for even my petite hands to do chords.

Welcome to the UU Forum UkeGirl22!

Glad to see that you are already finding answers to your quest for a guitalele. Lots of guitar/ukulele players here on the Forum. (Alas, I am not one of them.)

Enjoy both.

Welcome and good luck on your journey here. So much in the offer from the community! My only warning is beware of instrument addiction which is a prevalent syndrome among community members. 🤗. I have slowed the buying and spending more in the learning. As I see you are doing. So enjoy!

Welcome and good luck on your journey here. So much in the offer from the community! My only warning is beware of instrument addiction which is a prevalent syndrome among community members. 🤗. I have slowed the buying and spending more in the learning. As I see you are doing. So enjoy!
You made me laugh… Yes, I think I am getting this same affliction!🎸

Welcome from another newbie! Pay close attention to what Jimpro said...;). Enjoy the journey and make music!

Top Bottom