TRS No - TS Yes

Gery

Reaction score
Hi!

I bought an LR Baggs Five.O for my Uke and when connecting to my Behringer Flow 8 it only works when I use a TS cable, not TRS.
Does anyone know how to solve this?
I'm trying on Line 5 or 6
Thanks a lot!

If it works, why do you need TRS? Are you trying to go a very long (>25 feet) distance?
(The LR B's output is TS.)

If you are wanting to use an XLR input channel (Flow 8's 1-2, or 3-4), buy a 1/4" TS to XLRM adapter to use your regular TS-TS guitar cable.

Or, a 1/4" TS to XLRM cable. Again, not over 25 feet, as it may become noisy.

Last edited:
The problem is my TS Cable is 3 feet long and I have a bunch on 20 feet long TRS cables.
It would be great if I could use them instead of buying a new one...

I touched the buttons, changed the cables, started to work, and after touching some other buttons it stoped working...
I know there must be something simple I'm not seing.

Thanks

I don't have Flow 8, but the manual says:

(5/6 and 7/8 stereo pairs), or a mono signal (5L and 7L for mono line-level sources,
6R and 8R for mono Hi-Z signals from guitars and basses.

It looks like you should be using input #6 or #8. Both are configured to accept a common TS instrument cable. It will probably cost more to "adapt" than to buy a new cable.

The contact for the 'R' part on one end is only contacting the split-off 'S' half on the other end or vice versa. If you were stranded on Gilligan's Island or are in Canada on a sunday, then use some copper tape or foil to short the R/S parts together inside the plug at one end to make it TS out of your TRS. In a TS, the shell is at 'S' potential, so just shorting both the R an S parts to the shell works. Just don't short the T part to the shell.

I don't have Flow 8, but the manual says:

(5/6 and 7/8 stereo pairs), or a mono signal (5L and 7L for mono line-level sources,
6R and 8R for mono Hi-Z signals from guitars and basses.

It looks like you should be using input #6 or #8. Both are configured to accept a common TS instrument cable. It will probably cost more to "adapt" than to buy a new cable.
The thing is that somehow it worked touching buttons and switching cables.
Now I'mtrying to do it again but it doesn't...
That's the reason I suspect that there might be a preference that can accept TRS?
I'm touching everything but no good results...

The contact for the 'R' part on one end is only contacting the split-off 'S' half on the other end or vice versa. If you were stranded on Gilligan's Island or are in Canada on a sunday, then use some copper tape or foil to short the R/S parts together inside the plug at one end to make it TS out of your TRS. In a TS, the shell is at 'S' potential, so just shorting both the R an S parts to the shell works. Just don't short the T part to the shell.
Loved the macgiver solutions! I will try thanks.
So you think it's mandatory to have a TS for ir to work?

Hey Baconsalad, Ginger would be proud! 😊

Last edited:
So what became of this Behringer Flow 8 question?

Did a TS-TS (common guitar) cable work, using input channels #6 or #8, while nothing was plugged into inputs #5 or #7?

That's how it should work (and how I use it).

The manual says...

STEREO/MONO inputs can accept
either stereo line-level signals
(5/6 and 7/8 stereo pairs), or a
mono signal (5L and 7L for mono
line-level sources, 6R and 8R for
mono Hi-Z signals from guitars
and basses.)

There is also a downloadable block diagram, but I won't pretend to understand it fully myself.

Top Bottom