Typical Turnaround Time at TUS for Setups?

MarkF786

Reaction score
I’m curious what people’s recent experience has been with TheUkuleleSite for the setup time when buying a new uke?

The website says 10-14 business days, though with two ukes I bought a couple years ago it only took them a couple day, but I did see a recent thread here of a customer complaining about it taking a very long time.

I’m on day 7 so far, and obviously eager to get it, but just need to be patient for another week or two. I’ll say from all experience so far, I’ve found they have great customer service, so this isn’t meant as a complaint. I guess they just got busier than when I previously ordered from them.

I've only bought from them once, but setup took a couple of weeks. Call Veronica. (I do love these folks, but none of them are especially zippy with email.) She's very good at tracking this stuff down, and will be able to let you know what's going on.

I’m curious what people’s recent experience has been with TheUkuleleSite for the setup time when buying a new uke?

The website says 10-14 business days, though with two ukes I bought a couple years ago it only took them a couple day, but I did see a recent thread here of a customer complaining about it taking a very long time.

I’m on day 7 so far, and obviously eager to get it, but just need to be patient for another week or two. I’ll say from all experience so far, I’ve found they have great customer service, so this isn’t meant as a complaint. I guess they just got busier than when I previously ordered from them.
I've purchased several ukes from TUS and I'd say average wait time is ten to fourteen days. Considering they have worldwide orders and limited staff, plus shipping time from the islands, I think they do an amazing job. Every uke is pristine and perfectly set up. Holiday season must be a real crunch time for them!

TUS is doing a great job if they consistently honor their turnaround quote. I worked at the corporate level of Lowe's for years and worked closely with the Lowe's in Waipahu. There is a huge logistical hurdle. The ships won't embark until their holds are filled to capacity. The speed at which that occurs depends on how many companies stuff the ship with their wares. It is a crap-shoot and a nightmare for customer service. I don't envy them.

worked closely with the Lowe's in Waipahu. There is a huge logistical hurdle. The ships won't embark until their holds are filled to capacity. The speed at which that occurs depends on how many companies stuff the ship with their wares.

The same is true on the inbound side! A few years back, I ordered an induction cooktop from Lowe's, and a refrigerator from Best Buy, and both were held up in California while waiting for the ships to fill. Both companies were good about letting me know what was happening, but the answer in both cases is that the goods left the dock when the ship was full, and not a second before. There's really nothing to be done about it but wait.

I think, though, that TUS ships by air once the setup is done. I can easily imagine that between the ongoing aftermath of the Lahaina efforts and the beginning of the holiday season that the TUS crew is stretched thinner than usual. A call to Veronica is really the only way to know, though. She'll definitely be able to get you looped in, @MarkF786, so don't hesitate to call her! I don't know if they're open tomorrow, but for sure Tuesday....

I have purchased a handful of tenors from HMS. Every one had a full setup done. It took 10 - 14 days. With one only 6.

All were shipped via FedEx 2-Day and arrived that second day after it was picked up. (I live in Wisconsin.)

Ive made a few purchases from them. They are great but it takes 10-14 business days due to set up. My most recent purchase was the Anuenue UT3K over the summer. Waiting is the hard part but worth it.

Last edited:
10-14 days for their setup is pretty standard. Good things are worth waiting for! :p

I'm currently at day 10 in my wait. Still no word. I'm hoping to get word by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.
My last uke took the full 14 days, if I remember correctly.
Patience. :oops:

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I got lucky with my first two, being turned around in a couple days. I also remember the shipping being very quick, something like 2 days to New Jersey.

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I got lucky with my first two, being turned around in a couple days. I also remember the shipping being very quick, something like 2 days to New Jersey.
The turn around time is stated to be only 2-3 days if you choose Basic Quality Control over a Full Setup. Could that have been the choice you made for your first two?

Otherwise, you probably got those when they weren't as busy. I'm in the same boat as you....hope they come soon for both of us. :)
(And remember, we are waiting 10-14 BUSINESS days. :( )

My last two ukulele purchases from HMS were about 4-5 years so. That was before they started offering the quicker basic quality check. I think everything back then got a full set-up and took at least a week or more to arrive. If I remember right, they started offering the quicker basic QC because their high end ukuleles often didn't need much set-up as compared to the lower to medium priced production ukes. If a buyer had a specific set-up request, or just desired the full set-up, they could go that route. If a buyer was in a hurry, or could do their own set-up tweaking, they could go the basic route. Options.
My personal option is always to get a full set-up with whoever I purchase from if they offer it. I'm not very skilled in tweaking my set-up on my own, and will leave it to the pros.

I just talked to Veronica. She said they are currently working on orders placed on 10/29. My order was placed on 10/30, so they might start on mine this afternoon. It will probably ship out Wednesday-Thursday of this week, getting it to me by Friday or next Monday. Today is the 11th business day for me. I think you are 2-3 days behind me. This should give you an idea.

Last edited:
I just got notification my uke shipped, so it should be here Thurs or Fri. I've been joking to to my family that the Momma (Concert) and Daddy (Tenor) ukuleles had a baby, so I'm just waiting for the stork to deliver the Baby (Soprano).

Yes, I remember when turn-around time was fast. It will arrive eventually, and that's the important thing.

From what I've seen, Mim sets up ukes before they are sold. If she's at a uke event, you'll see her at her table setting up ukes. Of course, each business is different in terms of inventory, orders, and everything else. Maybe some people would request a special setup.

I just talked to Veronica. She said they are currently working on orders placed on 10/29. My order was placed on 10/30, so they might start on mine this afternoon. It will probably ship out Wednesday-Thursday of this week, getting it to me by Friday or next Monday. Today is the 11th business day for me. I think you are 2-3 days behind me. This should give you an idea.
Sign in the window: "Wanted - Ukulele Setup Person" 😁

Top Bottom