UAS Anonymous Group

magicspeller

Reaction score
I was looking at some ukulele groups on Facebook last night and joined a couple. In the process, I saw a link to a UAS Anonymous group pop up. Unfortunately, before I could look into it, it disappeared and I have been unable to find the group again.

Considering so many posters here who suffer from UAS ;) , I'm sure there must be some who are members of the group. Can someone provide me a link so I can find it again?

Thanks!

I'm a member of the UBass Freaks Facebook group. I think Facebook is one of the worst places to communicate compared to a real forum like this, but I can't convince them to switch to the UU Bass forum or the Talk Bass forum. I'm very close to dropping out of that group and only do real forums.

Last edited:
I'm a member of the UBass Freaks Facebook group. I think Facebook is one of the worst places to communicate compared to a real forum like this, but I can't convince them to switch to the UU bass forum or the Talk Bass forum. I'm very close to dropping out of that group and only do real forums.
Agreed! Facebook is the worst user interface I've ever used. Unfortunately also the most popular. Hate it but still have to use it!

Agreed! Facebook is the worst user interface I've ever used. Unfortunately also the most popular. Hate it but still have to use it!
Fbook is a data sump and advertising platform. Same here, I rarely use it but check in with family periodically and browse a couple uke groups.

I guess you could ask if others within the forum are they interested in forming such a group.

Perhaps a separate forum for this topic could be added.

Perhaps you could "translate" being powerless over ukulele acquisition and ....

Good Luck

I've joked about the idea of having a reformed sponsor before. Like, right when I'm filling out my credit card or PayPal info, you call up the person who used to have 10+ ukes and is down to 2...

"I'm about to do it, John. The wood and the tone is so beautiful"

"What size is it, Chris? Do you really need it?!"

"Another tenor! But this one is different, maaaan!! It's the one!!"

"You have 4 tenors already with 2 for sale. Just close the browsing window and put down credit card. The builder will never know."

*a cold sweat bead drips down my temple and my hand shakes as I press the 'X' on the browsing window.

"Wa..We.. we did it!! Thanks, John!!"

"YOU did it, Chris. You did it. Now close all the YouTube videos and other windows where you're staring at the uke and researching the tone, specs, and reviews."

*abruptly hangs up phone.

"...Chris?!? Chris!! Are you there?! Don't do it!!!"

🥲 *speaks to self...
"All the ukes will be mine."

Last edited:
Top Bottom