UAS - By The Numbers

I was skimming the posts and ran across this. My 7 ukes are in my signature, but I'll make it official.

I still own all the ukes I've ever owned. Four of my wood ukes were bought in early 2006. First were two LU-21C, bought together. Then the Hilo, and the Vineyard. Fifth and best, my Lanikai CK-C was a Christmas present that year. All were bought for specific reasons, and still do everything I wanted.

I've been barely playing for 17 years. Early this year I bought the banjo and resonator ukes, hoping something different would give me incentive to actually play. I've needed incentive to do anything since my wife passed in late '21, and the ukes have helped.
Incentive, I get that. Loss makes it so hard to function. Recovery is uncertain. Sorry that it's so difficult. The good part is that you're here with us, and you play and sing really well even in "barely playing" mode. 🎶

I was skimming the posts and ran across this. My 7 ukes are in my signature, but I'll make it official.

I still own all the ukes I've ever owned. Four of my wood ukes were bought in early 2006. First were two LU-21C, bought together. Then the Hilo, and the Vineyard. Fifth and best, my Lanikai CK-C was a Christmas present that year. All were bought for specific reasons, and still do everything I wanted.

I've been barely playing for 17 years. Early this year I bought the banjo and resonator ukes, hoping something different would give me incentive to actually play. I've needed incentive to do anything since my wife passed in late '21, and the ukes have helped.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

I hope that music can bring some joy back into your life. This forum can certainly bring you support. Wishing you better days ahead.

Incentive, I get that. Loss makes it so hard to function. Recovery is uncertain. Sorry that it's so difficult. The good part is that you're here with us, and you play and sing really well even in "barely playing" mode. 🎶

Oh gosh, no. You've been listening at the window of the wrong house. ... If I did sing, I'm a 🐸 and I play even worse .... :( ...But thanks for the encouragement! ... :)

Very sorry to hear about your loss, even though a couple of years ago. It's good to hear that music can help, at least a little bit. And that's a very nice collection of ukes you've got!
I almost missed your post. Thanks. Music does help.

My collection is not so nice as some peoples, but I'm happy with laminated. I could afford more ukes, and not worry about cracks! I've got less than $2K in 7 ukes, with all of them cased. Three wood cases, four hard foam. Some people here spend that on one uke ......

You have my sympathy living in the Bay Area. I hope you can avoid all the craziness.

Okay boys and girls - it's true confession time. How long have you been playing the uke, and how many ukuleles do you own?

3 Months - 17 Ukes
About a year and only one, a concert sized Lanakai.
HOWEVER, I have a Pono t4nor on order.

I took up uke in 1999, so 25 years. Wow. I played guitar and bass for over 20 years prior to ukulele.

Within the first few years of playing, I got up to 16, the highest number of ukes I've ever owned at one time.

I have no idea how many have passed through my hands, in my possession. Likely 100 or more.

Right now I have five. I would be happy with fewer, but two of mine were gifts I feel I must keep and one is worthless but has great sentimental value to me.

Ideally, I'd have two decent baritones and a concert.

I'm now down to one, an Ohana baritone that I have strung with classical guitar strings. I had three, but the other two are on consignment sale in a local shop (one of them sold, and the other is still for sale). This is part of my effort to reduce the number of instruments that I have (guitars, bass guitars and upright basses, banjos and ukes). I felt it was time for me to reduce the instruments to just the few that I play the most. The effort continues.

Since 2018 but a break from 2020 till 2023 due to shoulder and arm issues. Now for the number it doesn't include the one at my son's house, the few I really don't want, those of my grandson's at my home but he doesn't play, or the soon to be's.
Now when asked I can't say "I don't know." :ROFLMAO:

Started in early 2019, but in early 2020 stopped due to shoulder injury.
Restarted again this year
23 Ukuleles (not including my grandson's ukes that reside in my home & he doesn't want or Mandolins). However, I do plan a couple of sales and a few purchases.
9 Sopranos
9 Concerts
10 Tenors
1 Guitelele - technically a tenor
1 Tiple - ditto

In 2021 I started trying to learn on my husband's banjolele with a book that included some video lessons. It was an off/on uphill battle. Then in January of this year I bought a soprano, made a strap, and subscribe to Matt Stead's video lessons. Wow! The difference was night and day. So, I guess you would say I really only been playing for a few months.

2 ukes:
Enya EUR-X1 soprano
Bonanza homestead cherry baritone

I have a very long list in my head of ukes that I would like to try. But I try to remind myself that I don't need to own every pretty thing that I see and hear. I don't even have to think that my ukes are the most beautiful sounding ones. I just have to like the way they sound. Old Scruggs Fan with Howling Tom is seriously my hero on this board!

Top Bottom