UAS in NE Alabama

PawPawUke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello. I bought my first ukulele just over 3 months ago and haven't stopped. I enjoy getting a new ukulele as much as I do practicing on them.

Still trying to figure out exactly what I like playing and I love trying out new ukuleles. Finding ukuleles in Alabama is not the easiest task but I have built quite the collection already, in my own eyes.

Posting here to help get enough postings so I can see about doing some trading on other ukes on the sales pages.

I have a couple of nice Ponos including a one of a kind prototype Spalted Curly Mango Pineapple. I have both a solid Mango and Solid Acacia Caramel tenors. I am very impressed with them for the price, the Acacia Caramel is the only uke I have ordered new. I have an excellent condition 1969 or 70 Kamaka Keiki that needs a reglue if anyone knows a great Luthier anywhere close to me. I have a nice Kala Koa Wood 8 string tenor but it intimidates me, lol. I have a couple others but the ones I have been playing the most are my two Magic Fluke Flea sopranos. I am really hoping to try concert and tenor in the Flukes.

I am still trying to nail down what size I enjoy playing the most. I like the sounds of the tenor but find the Flea sopranos are so easy to play. I need more ukuleles to compare so I can figure it out...HaHa! Right now I really want to try more sopranos and concert sizes.

I travel to Atlanta North Georgia Chattanooga Nashville Huntsville Birmingham areas often and always prefer face to face transactions. I am hoping to find some local uke enthusiasts that need to clean out their collections or want to do some trading.

Welcome to the UU forums! Sounds like you are thoroughly engaged in UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome), and it sounds like you're really enjoying yourself in the process. I like your interest in trading to try new things, that's a great approach. Good luck finding some people near you to connect with!

Welcome, @PawPawUke from about 40 miles north of Atlanta. I don’t have any ukes for sale or trade but do have a 1985 Korean- made Fender Leo Deluxe 5-string banjo that I’d consider trading for a concert uke and hard shell case of similar value.

Welcome to the UU Forum, PawPawUke! You might enjoy a visit to the Uke Republic store in the Atlanta area. I don’t know if they sell used ukes, but they are a fine establishment with a very good selection of ukuleles to play and lust after. Just the place to help you with your UAS. :)

Welcome to UU, PawPawUke!
You seem to have some great ukes already, but there are always others to try out, right!

My suggestion is a NE ukulele drive to battle UAS. Everybody donates a ukulele, people with UAS get the ukuleles.

Welcome to the UU Forum, PawPawUke! You might enjoy a visit to the Uke Republic store in the Atlanta area. I don’t know if they sell used ukes, but they are a fine establishment with a very good selection of ukuleles to play and lust after. Just the place to help you with your UAS. :)
Thank you, I will definitely check them out on my next trip to Atlanta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi PawPawUke, welcome to the UU Forum. I understand completely about the exhilaration and enjoyment of buying a uke. So many different makers, woods & strings to try. I did limit myself to only acquiring tenors.

Keep on strumming.

Top Bottom