UAS: Stand Strong or Give In to Passion?

OMG life is short...Buy yourself that uke. Unless you have a huge hoarding problem and you can't reach the toilet for piled up ukes.

I have 5 very nice and varied ukulele's. Do I really need another? I'd sure like to try many more. At this point I'm in a one comes in one comes out type of mindset. But I just don't have one that I'm ready to let go of.

I've been think about buying a Telecaster guitar. But then I go an play my Risa Teleuke through my tube amp and I'm very satisfied with the tone.

I should spend the time and energy chasing what if's with the hands on minds on practice of getting better with the instruments and equipment I do have.

And so it goes.......

I've always viewed finely crafted wood instruments as art in themselves. Beautiful to behold as well as play. Some folks like to buy paintings or statuettes to collect and admire. I like wooden instruments for their intrinsic beauty and I get to play them. For me that's a huge win. I don't feel bad about adding to my collection if I find something I really like.
Agreed!

Yeah I thought I had quelled uas when I purchased my koa bird soprano. Then I realized I still wanted a mahogany soprano and bingo-bango, one arrived on the doorstep. Now I'm mulling over trying an inexpensive baritone or putting a baritone string set on my tenor...

The funny thing is, uas doesn't always mean more expenisve or fancy-schmancy. Whatever that uke itch is, it is. So enjoy the scratch!

Now I'm mulling over trying an inexpensive baritone or putting a baritone string set on my tenor...
I did this and it was surprisingly fun... give it a try! I used the La Bella baby baritone strings on my Pono tenor and they sounded really great.

If you hate them, you can cut them off it's $20 gone, but so what?

I recently took mine off because I had worn the wound strings almost in half. Totally worth the time as an experiment, and instead of a low-fi cheap baritone you have a nice sounding one on your better tenor! Win-win!

You've successfully twisted my brain, Voran. I first read the end of that sentence as "piled up pukes."

Carry on, everyone.
Ukes...nukes...pukes. You could wring a lot of dark humor out of one syllable

I believe it was @KohanMike who IMHO most succinctly addressed this subject in the past (as did @Bill1):
If you have the disposable income or have saved up for the specific purpose of acquiring another uke (or 5, or 10, or 50), why should guilt ever come into play?

UAS is relatively harmless compared to alcohol, gambling, drugs, fast cars, or hookers... "Assuming you are not using rent money and you are taking care of all of your domestic duties, why feel guilty about indulging in some well earned recreation? (Bill1)" But seriously, how many do you actually need or play or enjoy...? OK, I know that this post is a downer and maybe offensive to some folks...Perhaps I should have left hookers off the list! Or, maybe I should start a 12-Step Program for UAS!! 🤪

Perhaps I should have left hookers off the list! Or, maybe I should start a 12-Step Program for UAS!! 🤪
What's wrong with hiring a man of the night? He'll never leave his smelly socks lying around and he'll never expect me to say I love you...

Top Bottom