Strings Uke issue

CalinVa

Reaction score
Hello, as a new Uke player and a new member I have issue with my 2nd string. When I note the 2nd string on the 2nd fret it's just a dull kind of thud not a normal ring. Tha rest of the strings ring fine and beautiful. Being not to familiar with Nylon strings and do you think it's a String issue or fret issue. Since the other ring fine on the 2nd fret I'm leaning towards a String problem. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Hello, as a new Uke player and a new member I have issue with my 2nd string. When I note the 2nd string on the 2nd fret it's just a dull kind of thud not a normal ring. Tha rest of the strings ring fine and beautiful. Being not to familiar with Nylon strings and do you think it's a String issue or fret issue. Since the other ring fine on the 2nd fret I'm leaning towards a String problem. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Just curious...2nd string on the other frets ring true? May be good info for others to chime in with...

Just curious...2nd string on the other frets ring true? May be good info for others to chime in with...
Yes all the other strings including the 2nd are fine . Just the 2nd string on the 2nd fret.

Start by reading this thread... it touches on "wolf notes" and potential solutions:

Could be a bad string, or just a dead spot on that particular uke, where that note just doesn't resonate well. If a tenor uke, I'd try tuning it down to Bb tuning (which many folks prefer, tune all strings down a full step), and try it to see if you still get that dead spot. If you do, then I'd change that string. If the dead spot remains, it may something you can't get rid of, and you hope it's in an area that you don't play very much. If it is a soprano or concert uke, I'd try tuning down a half step, to B, and check the spot under that tuning.

Start by reading this thread... it touches on "wolf notes" and potential solutions:

Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom