Uke sounds terrible cuz new?

Yeah, that's the truth with plastic string instruments. You got to let them stretch. Steel strings are different but you can't put steel on an instrument designed for plastic strings.
im inpatient ig

Yeah, that's the truth with plastic string instruments. You got to let them stretch. Steel strings are different but you can't put steel on an instrument designed for plastic strings.
Guitar-player exposed, lol. Well, I said I wasn't sure if it was 'proper'. There was no clear conclusion back here: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?threads/stretching-strings.9405/

But

and others advocate the impatient method

In an earlier post you said: 'so my right hand has to move higher (not above the sound hole)?' YES! The optimum position to achieve decent sound is generally around the twelfth fret (to strum/pick) or where the neck joins the body which is very often the same thing!

In an earlier post you said: 'so my right hand has to move higher (not above the sound hole)?' YES! The optimum position to achieve decent sound is generally around the twelfth fret (to strum/pick) or where the neck joins the body which is very often the same thing!
oh okay that makes sense. yea I have guitar blood so I might have to work on that moving it higher and not play above the hole :D I hope the strings will get better in a few days, I got it on thursday.

Top Bottom