Done! Ukulele Underground Stickers

A suggestion that has been implemented and is available
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, absolutely. The origin of this is two different databases, each of which stores member details differently.

Funnily enough, the configuration we have now -- learning platform on WordPress, forum in XenForo -- is exactly what I'd recommended in my previous gig, so I'd started researching how to merge the databases in a way that would allow shared logins. They chose to go all WordPress instead, so I never finished developing the bridge to XenForo, but I've recently added that very thing back to my to-do list.

This raises a few other points though. For merch, I agree, an account shouldn't be necessary. You should be able to buy as a guest, so to speak. That said, I don't know what requirements the store's security policies have in place. I'll look into that.

But I'm also realizing that the bridge I'd been working on is between the forum and ukuleleunderground.com, and had not included the shop dot subdomain. I'll be looking into that too! Or maybe another solution is to sell merch directly from this domain. I don't know, and maybe one of you WP wizards can ping me if you have a suggestion. 🙂
Maybe that same bridge (Zenforo to Wordpress) could link to the other Wordpress site, Island Music Network?

Maybe that same bridge (Zenforo to Wordpress) could link to the other Wordpress site, Island Music Network?

Maybe! The larger issue with IMN is that the theme is completely broken down, and the developer has moved on. (This is all too common in the WordPress world.) I'd need to find a new theme, convert the pages, fix all the inconsistencies, and then relaunch.

This is completely doable, mind you! It's just a matter of finding the time and money. It's not an outrageous amount of either. It's just a matter of fitting it into other priorities, knowing that a new IMN site would fall on the expense side of the ledger, rather than the revenue-generating side. :) I can say something like "Not every site needs to generate money," but it's neither my site nor my money. LOL

I've got a fair few other things in front of me, so while I've spoken about this with Aaron at some length, I haven't had the first chance to bring this up with the Kanile'a team. My guess is that they'd want to get to this after the relaunch of the Ukulele Underground training business, and some of the necessary changes here at the UU forum, but like I said, I just haven't had a chance to bring it up with them.

The other thing is, I've been finding some amazing Hawaii musicians of late. Not that these folks are super-new -- it's just that I'm just coming to them. I first heard Honoka Katayama on one of the TUS podcasts, and discovered that she's been at it since junior high and has won a bunch of awards. I'm late, but she's awesome. Age 23 as I write this. On top of shredding as hard as anyone out there, she writes and sings....and surfs! (There's video out there -- she's pretty good at it!) This is a mid-tempo track so a little less pyrotechnic than some of her others, but it's pretty sweet, and I think you'll dig it!

I've also really gotten into Anthony Pfluke, who used to work at HMS, but has since left to focus on his Hawaiian language and culture studies at uni, as well as performing, writing, and playing ukulele music. He's another solid singer, too! It's worth checking out the story behind this song (and indeed the rest of the podcast), which includes a fast but deep dive into the Hawaiian language, but here's the song.

Anyway, we've definitely not forgotten IMN, but it's going to take some doing to bring it back. :)

Azita Ganjali, Honoka’s ukulele partner, also good.
The IMN website may be too broke to be worth fixing.
Okay to link some songs to UU tabs and chords or if IMN is going to be taken down, copy?

This sticker completed its first Road Trip. The destination was the NSDC Mobile, AL.

2100 miles, through IL, KY, TN, MI, AL, AR, MO, then back into IL.

Skipped Krystal's this time, but brought home two boxes of Moon Pies!

Attachments

• UU - Mobile, AL.JPG
    UU - Mobile, AL.JPG
    833.9 KB · Views: 10
  • MP - Walmart.jpg
    MP - Walmart.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This sticker completed its first Road Trip. The destination was the NSDC Mobile, AL.

2100 miles, through IL, KY, TN, MI, AL, AR, MO, then back into IL.

Skipped Krystal's this time, but brought home two boxes of Moon Pies!
You'll be sorry you skipped those Krystals. Mmm, steamed buns, onions and pickles with almost there meat.

Top Bottom