Ukulele World Congress 1.0 - The Aftermath

Rel-Bar,

Sorry there was no award for coming the farthest distance or you'd have won it. Great to meet you. Nice to hear a few songs in French monsieur.

That means that Sukie and I need to stick to our pact of getting a video on youtube before the end of the year! I'd better get busy!

Alright, I've posted a video that goes out to all of you who had to sit through my uke or dare stage fright.

Sorry, no glow sticks! This being my first youtube post, maybe I should have thought to include them. Damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPofrtdTEkU

Seeso,

What a long strange trip it's been. Thanks for this video. I had to make sure you were there.

Rel-Bar,

Sorry there was no award for coming the farthest distance or you'd have won it. Great to meet you. Nice to hear a few songs in French monsieur.

Hey jkevinwolfe, it seems that you've spent as much time driving as I have flying!!! You also deserve an award for that!
You're a really friendly man and I really enjoyed talking with you on that saturday morning!

As was noted at the UWC, not a mean drunk in the bunch. Never met a nicer bunch of folks. I would have walked to Chicago and carried Seeso down piggyback to be there. But please don't make that my uke-or-dare consequence.

As was noted at the UWC, not a mean drunk in the bunch. Never met a nicer bunch of folks. I would have walked to Chicago and carried Seeso down piggyback to be there. But please don't make that my uke-or-dare consequence.

Enuf jibber-jabber! I know you've got video - post it!!! :D

Alan,

You mean the video of Deach goading RussBuss into being a mean drunk at 2am Sunday Morning? I wouldn't post that. That's extortion material.

right, so on top of matching tshirts and ukuleles with matching stickers, we are all gonna have capes, utility belts (for sparklers or beers - however you roll) and glowsticks!

i cannot wait...buahahahaha

I'd pay extra for that.... some kind of crazed ukulele superhero look! Awesome!

Yeah, but next year 1000 people dressed like that carrying ukuleles would be a little disturbing. No wait. They'll all be drunk. So it's fine. Nevermind.

Last edited:
I think we can expect at least twice as many people next year :)

I'm already looking forward to it!

Twice as many would be awesome....100 times as many....maybe not. I'm just saying. :eek:

What? After last weekend you don't believe in miracles? Witnessing someone getting Deached in person is not enough to make a believer out of you?

Top Bottom