Ukulele World Congress in S.Indiana

We should be there around 6:00 on Friday...sooner if we don't take too long in the liquor store. Longer if Little Russ needs to stop many times to go potty. :D

Booze.

haha, you suck!!

Is it true Russ only drinks wine coolers and smokes clove cigarettes?

yes, but only when the malt liquor runs dry.

Just letting ya'll know i'll likely be in on thursday evening? anyone else gunne be there? Mike i can help you get things ready, i've got a strong back and a pretty smile...(i just woke up for the 3rd time today,i'm a little groggy) I'm intend to be a founding settler of Tent City: The outskirts...for people looking to camp in the trees...holla at me forest dwellers

Just letting ya'll know i'll likely be in on thursday evening? anyone else gunne be there? Mike i can help you get things ready, i've got a strong back and a pretty smile...(i just woke up for the 3rd time today,i'm a little groggy) I'm intend to be a founding settler of Tent City: The outskirts...for people looking to camp in the trees...holla at me forest dwellers

I'm hoping to build a mighty big bonfire, so I guess you're signed up.

I just noticed that this thread is the MOST REPLIED TO THREAD in the "Regional Get Togethers" Forum. And comes in second in views (so far)

next year UWC should be renamed to The Mother of all Uke Get Togethers:shaka:

I wish I would have heard about this gathering sooner. Almost everyone I want to meet and jam with seems to be attending!

If I can get off of work this weekend....maybe. But sadly, odds are I won't be able to attend. Please throw another one next year!

Since BornagainJeeper is going to arrive on Thursday which may be before Hoosierhiver has an opportunity to put up the signs. I will ask for some clarification regarding location in case signs haven't been put up. When my wife and I drove to the area on Sunday and arrived at pretty close to the address of 4600 Plum Creek Rd. There was a mailbox on the right side of the road that I think gave the address 4595 and it had a short driveway to a small barn. Then across the road from that was a long drive that I think had a home made street sign that said something like "Rainbow Lane." If you go up that drive it was a big open field and a post that had a "No Tresspassing" sign. Is the Ukulele World Congress going to be happening in that field .... or was I in the wrong spot?

I wish I would have heard about this gathering sooner. Almost everyone I want to meet and jam with seems to be attending!

If I can get off of work this weekend....maybe. But sadly, odds are I won't be able to attend. Please throw another one next year!

That's the problem with this younger generation and the reason there is some hope. A good work ethic..!!

Last edited:
Since BornagainJeeper is going to arrive on Thursday which may be before Hoosierhiver has an opportunity to put up the signs. I will ask for some clarification regarding location in case signs haven't been put up. When my wife and I drove to the area on Sunday and arrived at pretty close to the address of 4600 Plum Creek Rd. There was a mailbox on the right side of the road that I think gave the address 4595 and it had a short driveway to a small barn. Then across the road from that was a long drive that I think had a home made street sign that said something like "Rainbow Lane." If you go up that drive it was a big open field and a post that had a "No Tresspassing" sign. Is the Ukulele World Congress going to be happening in that field .... or was I in the wrong spot?

That's the problem with this younger generation and the reason there is some hope. A good work ethic..!!

It's on the opposite side of the road. There is a green mailbox that says 4601 in front of the field. It's actually 2 big fields with a small creek running between them. I've got the grass cut so it's easier to see it now. If you come from 45, it's the first drive on the right after the road turns to gravel.

Last edited:
What are the dates for this again?

Looks like I might be getting laid off from work today.....so maybe....???

Aye!

With bells on!

Songbook File

Here's the link to the UWC Songbook. Comes complete with vintage uke diagrams and 3 pages for autographs from your fellow ukers.

Print out the songbook and bring it to the Congress! Perhaps you can print several copies and bring them along for those who don't bring it.

My apologies for taking so long.

Thanks!
Alan

Last edited:
Top Bottom