Ukulele World Congress in S.Indiana

Gah, that sucks D:

Anyway, I had a quick question -- the Bushman Ukulele Luau and this event aren't related, but they're going on at the same time as far as I know. If I'm attending the Bushman luau and staying at Salt Creek Inn, when should I go there, and when should I be at this get-together? Because I'd love to come and jam with everyone :D I'm driving all the way up from Kansas City so this will be a journey of epic proportions...

*EDIT*
Okay, just read the entire thread and apparently this was planned beforehand and it looks like the Bushman Luau was a douchebag move o_O Should I just camp out with you guys then? I don't know how quickly I can get a hold of a tent, but then again, I've already got a room at Salt Creek Inn reserved for the night of the 5th. Hm...
Also, anyone going to the Luau just to see Wade Johnston and Tsud perform? It still looks like jamming with you guys would be more fun, haha!
So... yeah, suggestions? ^^;

You should check out both events. I'm sure Dustin, Monique, Wade and Jason would appreciate the extra audience member. Come by the UWC when you can.

I'm not sure if I'm heading up this evening or tomorrow. If anyone see's a lost looking guy in a Toyota pickup truck, please wave.

Just got here a little while ago. So far I've seen Deg, Adelle, Bornagainjeeper, Seeso, and Mike(hh), and more ukuleles then I've ever seen in one place. Lookin like good times...

Just got here a little while ago. So far I've seen Deg, Adelle, Bornagainjeeper, Seeso, and Mike(hh), and more ukuleles then I've ever seen in one place. Lookin like good times...

So jealous......

YES!!! I'll be right over!

Excellent. I'll bring the apple pie moonshine (everclear and apple cider - I didn't know what that was before I went to Indiana). Ukes and cameras are mandatory but clothing is optional. That'll teach 'em to have fun without us.

Excellent. I'll bring the apple pie moonshine (everclear and apple cider - I didn't know what that was before I went to Indiana). Ukes and cameras are mandatory but clothing is optional. That'll teach 'em to have fun without us.

What's clothing?

Clothing is that thin line between PG and X-rated and is for those of us who haven't decided to go for the ink suit. It's highly overrated. (clothing not the suit)

Oh that stuff...yes, highly overrated.

And to think I've been anxiously awaiting video from Indiana....to heck with that, let's see some from ukulelezo and deach!

Deach....need a ride? I'm available.... :p

Headin' up tomorrow with Ukuleles in tow.

Now lemme get this straight. I take I65 to Columbus, Take 46 into town. Go thru town, find 45 and turn left at the rock that looks like a bear then turn right at the bear that looks like a rock. :eek:

See ya'll Tomorrow
~Sam

Hi all. First posting. My wife and I got home a little while ago. We did in fact survive our first visit to the Ukulele World Congress. I've got a couple of pictures I can post. They don't do the subjects any justice whatsoever for even though the camera and photographer were willing the light was not.

But I will say there were a lot of folks there! We didn't get there in time for the dinner. But there looked like there was a tremendous amount of food that was provided. I'm still amazed at the folks that were there. This venue was in the middle of nowhere. But a very nice spot. The stage had enough light to see the performers with no problem. Plenty of amplifiers but not so loud as to blow ear drums out.

Then some time after dark the bonfire was lit. I'll tell you what, Mike knows how to build a bonfire. As a matter of fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mike in a previous life was hanging around Mrs. O'Leary's cow in Chicago.

The Mrs. and I pretty much parked ourselves in front of the stage and listened. Wow, there is some talent in this group.

Well you probably have heard enough from me. Here are a couple of photographs.

Shanifawni: a seriously good voice and player!

IMG_0573.jpg

DeG: don't know how he didn't end up with his fingers all tied up in knots.

IMG_0580.jpg

And yes there were others and they were good. But I don't remember all their names. So I'll stick with the photos.

To all of you that would have like to have made it, but weren't able to. You have my condolences.

A very enjoyable evening! :D

Top Bottom