UUBL Discussion Thread

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
We started the Spring UUBL contest onSunday April 3rd. Please sign up here to let me know if you are interested in joining!

What is UUBL?

UUBL is Ukulele Underground Biggest Loser! Back in 2009 a group of us tried this and had great success! Its basically setup to be just like the TV version of UUBL, however instead of being "Kicked Out" if you have a bad week , you stay in for the duration!

The "Rules"

1. weight loss based on percentage of starting weight.
2. weight in good ole Pounds ( Online weight conversion with an impressive array of units to choose from. )
3. contest to go over the next 12 weeks, starting April 3rd
4. weights taken once a week, at the same time (can be Saturday or Sunday)(Exceptions can be made by request)
5. weigh ins are recorded by pictures of your scale
6. contestants will be encouraged to keep a daily blog of the experience, this will help, believe me.

If anyone is interested in donating prizes for this round, please let me know!

I have asked our own Shane ukeshale to be our Jillian Michaels again for this round! He has graciously agreed! :) If you have questions about exercises you can do or foods that are good to eat during the session feel free to contact him either through the UUBL thread or by PMing him!

Also I want to encourage everyone to help each other out this time, if you see someone ask a question and you can answer it, please feel free too! :) I am trying to revamp UUBL a bit to like it was the first time in hopes that we can get more participation in the coming sessions!

How do I sign up?
Let me know in this thread and then send an Email to uubl@nightgig.com Sunday April 3rd with your initial Weigh In,! I can't wait to see how this one goes!

Last edited:
Count me in. Im not sure how I will do weight loss wise but I'm still working hard fixing my body.

Count me in. Im not sure how I will do weight loss wise but I'm still working hard fixing my body.

I totally understand, last round wasn't great for me, but in the last 2 weeks alone I have lost 8 pounds! I don't know what I changed, maybe with the extra sleep I've been getting and extra water I've been drinking I've raised my metabolism but hey I'll take it! :)

Sign me up for the Spring Fling Fat Fest...

Great to see everyone jumping back aboard :) Thanks for setting this up, Andy!

For the sake of not giving up.. perhaps I should give this another go.. Stay with me guys(and gals)!

Glad to have you aboard, Carrie. Your help last time round was invaluable. I just know you're going to have a great Spring session :)

Yeah, I'm in... got to get past this "plateau".

Ok, I was a baaaadd boy yesterday. Like I mentioned before, I like to treat myself every now and then. I feel if ya don't, you are bound to fall off the wagon and not get back on eventually. So, yesterday, I decided to step off, treat myself, and get back on today. It's ok to do that, as long as ya do it smart, and still be concious of portion control. Yesterday, I had a Gyro with a bunch of home fries, even a few fried mushrooms. Then a breast of fried chicken from a local place we really loved around here for supper. It was really really good. But, it's funny how that will bog ya down big time once your body is acustomed to eating healthier. I was good tho, and mindful of what I was eating. I didn't have near as much of all that as I used to a year ago. A year ago, it would have been not a 2nd through to down two gyros, a plate full of home fries, and another plate full of fried mushrooms. Then supper would have been not one fried breast, but a breast, theigh, and maybe a couple wings. Along with potato salad, fries, or what ever we got to go with it. So, a FAR cry from what I used to eat when I ate like that (which was at least 3 times a week a year ago). Even in moderation, as good as it was, and I did enjoy it, but man, I was so boggy last night, and had a hard time sleeping. Glad I only do that once every few months now.

But, the good news is, believe it or not, when I weighed myself this morning, there was NO weight gain at all.. It just stayed as it was yesterday. Hmm.. Thats a bonus. But, today, I am back on the wagon, and I am good now for at least a couple more months.. ;)

Sounds like your metabolism is picking up tudorp, that's awesome! I've had some days where I misbehave and still go down and I chock that up to my metabolism shifting into higher gear.

And it sounds like you did a good job cheating in moderation, good job man.

Me on the other hand, my wife man homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies so I replaced a snack with 4 cookies... And went up a pound for each of them *sigh*. Not sure if I blame the cookies or allthe weight lifting I have been doing. I suppose we will see next week when I measure.

Last edited:
Sounds like your metabolism is picking up tudorp, that's awesome! I've had some days where I misbehave and still go down and I chock that up to my metabolism shifting into higher gear.

And it sounds like you did a good job cheating in moderation, good job man.

It is, and I can feel it, and enjoying that. 6 months ago, I would get up and sit in my chair for hours on end. On rough days, from the time I got up, to the time I went to bed. But, now, even the wife have mentioned allot of times that I am only in my chair for a few minutes at a time before I am up getting something to work on a small project (I love to work with my hands, and do small projects). I used to have her run for tools, or materials for projects I might be doing, But now, get up and go getting them myself. I go out and walk around the house, or down the road when the weather is nice. Tinker with a few ukulele projects I am constantly working on, etc.. The wife said I seem like I am always jumping up to do or get something to do.. lol.. I am still biting at the bit to get out more as the weather warms up tho..

Tudorp- Ya gotta cheat in moderation every now and then. I have a planned cheat day. I am going to a concert by myself in a week and a half. I do this once or twice a year. I go to a music group I like that Levi really does not care for and I go have dinner by myself before hand. I so am going to the worst place immaginable. Just the mention of its name makes you gain 1/2 pound at least. THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY. But I think I have a plan on how I am going to attack it and hopefully spread it out over a few days.

Anyway, I have not been as good as I wanted to on my exercise this week. I have had the sinus crud. I did the first day of P90X and then got sick. The thing is I wish I kept going to work the soreness out. I may pay for it again next week. I need to get back on the exercise wagon though. I need that metabolism to rev up like you guys!

Jump back on the wagon today, knock out your KenpoX and then start up fresh Monday morning. You'll be right as rain. And whatever you do make sure you dont miss stretch day, it's glorious!

Jump back on the wagon today, knock out your KenpoX and then start up fresh Monday morning. You'll be right as rain. And whatever you do make sure you dont miss stretch day, it's glorious!

I never did stretch day because it said it could be rest day or stretch day. I will have to try it next then. I am at work until 10:30 pm tonight... so unless I have an abundance of energy, tonight probably wont be my back on the wagon night (I am still sick... What is wrong with me?). But I may get up early on Sunday! Thanks for the motivation Karl!!! I need someone to just tell me to get back to it! This week I kept thinking I could do it thenight before and then I would wake up feeling like crud again.

Yes, starting over on Monday and hopefully wont be as sore. But I will probably do something tomorrow. Thinking of going on a run with my kiddos or playing some sort of sports where I am active, spending time with them, and exercising at the same time.

I never did stretch day because it said it could be rest day or stretch day. I will have to try it next then. I am at work until 10:30 pm tonight... so unless I have an abundance of energy, tonight probably wont be my back on the wagon night (I am still sick... What is wrong with me?). But I may get up early on Sunday! Thanks for the motivation Karl!!! I need someone to just tell me to get back to it! This week I kept thinking I could do it thenight before and then I would wake up feeling like crud again.

Yes, starting over on Monday and hopefully wont be as sore. But I will probably do something tomorrow. Thinking of going on a run with my kiddos or playing some sort of sports where I am active, spending time with them, and exercising at the same time.

Mim.. take your bands and book with you.. do the workout between customers... or in your free time. No one said it had to be in a row.. just done.. either way, hang in there and get back on the wagon.. you can do this..

I have a cheat day every week, mine is Sunday... I don't over do it at all, its more a day where I just don't count. No calories, no carbs, I just eat whatever I feel like (within reason) and I'm "back on the wagon Monday... For me it seems to work, but it is of course not for everyone. Just what I do :)

Top Bottom