UUBL Discussion Thread

I did download photo and am down 1 to 166. I am hoping for more warm weather (cold and rainy now) thinking walks will be more inviting, and grass cutting will be a workout. I will need that after this weekend's splurging.

Lost 1. 148. I am happy with that. Dont know if I can pull off dropping 4 lbs in the next 2 weeks though like I hope so I dont have to worry about bro catching up with me. Might need to call him and see if we are still competing. More than anything, I dont care if I dont win anything... I just dont want to have to pay up... hahaha!

Awesome job everyone...well, the 3 of us who still seem to be here :) I will keep reporting here because it helps.

Did I tell you my mom definately booked that cruise? She did. I am so excited, January seemed in my head to be not so far away but when I break it down by days it is over 200 days away. So, I figured after UWC I am going to shift my focus from weight loss to fitness. See if I can still lost another 15 lbs and really be fit when the cruise comes around. I am glad to have another goal to keep me going!!!

I've not been putting up progress charts... To be honest this round I've done horrible and I feel bad about that. What I want to do is put up a beginning to now chart (1 chart) and then try to get the rest of the weeks coming. Sound ok to you all? If you haven't done so please email uubl@nightgig.com this weeks numbers! :)

How'd the week go for you all. I was down 1 to 165, so a good one for me. Hope others had a good week.

I'll take another duce for the week. Down to 502# from 504#. Gettin kind excited and ready to finally turn in my 500 club card for a 400 club card.. ;)

Thanks guys.... This is a big milestone for me to get that 400 club card. I burned my 600 club card, and now ready to burn my 500 club card. And that said, will be HUGE when I get to burn the 400 club card too.. ;)

Congrats Tudorp!

I am happy to report that I tried on a dress I hadn't been able to fit into for 2 years and huzzah! It fit!

I know dress sizes are random, so I take it with a grain of salt that the tag says "6" on it.

Hey everyone! How is it going? Gonna weigh in this morning since tomorrow I may be busy. It took me 2 weeks to recover from my mountains weekend and it even should have not taken that long, but I was ready to jump of the wagon. And I saw myself doing that and finally had to stop myself and say "NO! You are not quitting! You are so close to where you want to be!"

So, now I am at 149. Oh the dot. Which is a huge deal for me. This was a number I was shooting for. I am excited about it because now my weight loss graph thing/ the wii fit, and the on-line calculators says I am "normal" rather than "overweight"! I know it is just a title, but it is something I was shooting for. HOORAY! I have been shooting for this for a long time and always coming up WAY short and then going back up again. But now that I am here, I will stay. Because I wont have any clothes because I have them all away :p! My SIL just had a baby, so I gave her my old pants. So now she calls me skinny B. As a joke. She is the type that will shrink back down in no time so they will be short lived for her as well.

Anyway, happy day. Hope to maybe add another 2 lbs to that this week. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations mim!

Congrats Mim on the milestone.. Good work the rest of us that are left on this mission.. ;)

I am getting so excited. This is premature, but I am about to explode about it. I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 500. I know that over the next few days it will bounce to 502, 503, maybe to 499, and then back up before it stableizes. I generally don't celibrate until my weight stableizes, but just seeing that 500 felt so awesome this morning and confirmation that I am so close to leaving the 500 club for good. Getting into the 400s for me will be a HUGE milestone for me personally. Sure, still allot of weight, but when you weighed well over 600 lbs, just to SEE a 4 coming for the front of the number is huge... It's gonna be a good day for me.. ;)

I am getting so excited. This is premature, but I am about to explode about it. I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 500. I know that over the next few days it will bounce to 502, 503, maybe to 499, and then back up before it stableizes. I generally don't celibrate until my weight stableizes, but just seeing that 500 felt so awesome this morning and confirmation that I am so close to leaving the 500 club for good. Getting into the 400s for me will be a HUGE milestone for me personally. Sure, still allot of weight, but when you weighed well over 600 lbs, just to SEE a 4 coming for the front of the number is huge... It's gonna be a good day for me.. ;)

I AM SO GLAD FOR YOU!!!

HOORAY!!!

Makes me tear up a little thinking of how far you have come and how many doors are opening for you now that you are getting your health back!

I am so proud of you man!

As for me, I have stabalized around 150 and have held there for the last little bit. Kind of on purpose. Letting my body reset and be happy where it is at before trying to lost again. That being said, I am trying to have a good week before UWC and hope to be down to 147 before I go.

Turns out, my brother "quit" our competition. Long story, but my motivation was not having to give him anything more than getting something. Especially since I scored a uke for cheap lately. UAS is sort of satisfied. That being said... my overall goal weight was 135ish. But since the cruise is coming up, I figured I would push myself to be really fit by January, so I am going to modify my goal to 130. Sort of my lower mid-range of the normal weight. I will be thrilled at 135, but might as well go for the gold. So that would be 20 more lbs before January. So, basically after UWC, that would be 7 months to lose 20 lbs. I think I can do that :) Just got to stay away from the brownie sundaes at work... which I have to say is one of the most delicious things... and they are my achilles heel.

Thats great Mim.. So, your brother couldn't hold up against you huh? hahhah.. Congrats on beating him out.. ;)

499 today... ;)... I'm not celibrating yet. I will claim my 400 club card and burn my 500 club card when I stablize and hold under 500 for several days.. But, I got to admit, I was giddy as a tweeny bopper girl this morning on the scale.. hehhe

it kept flickering back and forth from 498 to 499, so I just take on the side of error, and took the 499. But, none the less, I'll claim it when it holds for a few days to allow the body to flux a few pounds like it does... ;)

Last edited:
499 today... ;)... I'm not celibrating yet. I will claim my 400 club card and burn my 500 club card when I stablize and hold under 500 for several days.. But, I got to admit, I was giddy as a tweeny bopper girl this morning on the scale.. hehhe

it kept flickering back and forth from 498 to 499, so I just take on the side of error, and took the 499. But, none the less, I'll claim it when it holds for a few days to allow the body to flux a few pounds like it does... ;)

Congrats that is awesome Tudorp!! yeah!

I haven't checked in in awhile... I got my hubby on the ban wagon which is making it easier at home, then I took a fall last Sunday and bruised up my knee and hand pretty good so I haven't been able to exercise much. (nor uke or knit or much of anything since my hand is swollen) xrays were clear so it's just time to heal. I sat on a recumbent bike today for 20 min with little resistance and just pedaled.. Felt good.. Here's to new beginnings..

I'm gonna go ahead and report in today instead of tomorrow. I am going to be all over the place tomorrow.

Give me 3 for the week. Down from 502# to 499#... 300 club, look out, here I come..

Top Bottom