UUBL Discussion Thread

Great job tudorp! That's awesome!

I've been maintaining right around 240. I'm slowly losing weight but i keep having bad cheat days that throw me off. I'm still settling in to my work routine and I have about 0 time for working out. I'm really pleased that I am mantainting though, my eating habits have changed for good and it shows.

I'll take 2 more for this week. Down from 498# to 496#.

Tudorp - you really are in a good groove now. That's great. I had no change last week and expect about the same this week. Hopefully the same or a little down and not a little up. We'll see tomorrow. Hope others are doing well.

Happy for all of you losing! Yeah for you guys!

I started a little experiment on myself, using the 4 hour body, it's working. I am down just shy of 5 lbs in two weeks. This is good news for sure.. My husband jumped on the ban wagon this is very helpful!!

5 pounds in 2 weeks - that's great. That family support/involvement sure helps. Hope the next week or two work as well.

5 pounds in 2 weeks - that's great. That family support/involvement sure helps. Hope the next week or two work as well.

Thanks.. My husband has lost 9 lbs.. doesn't it figure.. He finally makes a little effort, but the support makes it so much easier.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME:

Wow.. Kinda shocked by results of an experiment I tried yesterday. Getting into the 400 club had been a huge milestone for me. I had planned for some time a "scheduled" and "controlled" derail when I got that club card. I jumped off the wagon at about 100 mph yesterday as a reward for my self control over the past 10 months, and the success of it. Sure, that is stupid and kinda like shooting yourself in the head because you got a high score at the firing range, but I wanted to see how my body has changed, AND the fact that one of my biggest drugs is meat lovers pizza. I have to admit, I enjoyed it, and know I really shouldn't have this stuff around (kinda like having a 5th sitting around an alcoholic). But, I told my bride I will NOT do this, but maybe once in several months.

Anyway.. I spent the day eating Pizza Hut Meat lover's thin and crispy crust pizza. Starting at lunch, with a couple slices of a 12" (280 calories per slice, but don't even get me started on the fat, and sodium). An hour later, another. Couple hours, another. Dinner time, another 2 slices, and another an hour or so later. You get the picture. I LOVE this stuff and can eat it at every meal for a day, and kill myself on it (in fact, almost did months ago). Yeah, I know sickening ain't it, lol.. But, bottom line, I ate about 2500+ calories throughout the day most being pizza. BUT what I did, instead of gorging on it at a meal, spread the calories out throughout the day motabolizing as I went. I think this let's your body motabalize it and burn it rather than gorging all at once, resulting in your body storing it straight to fat as excess. Trainers, this is only an uneducated theory of mine, what do you think with an educated opinion?

At any rate. I expected to gain a few pounds for a day of bliss, and figured I would jump back on the wagon, and work it back off. But, my body did great. I think due to my motabolizm being cranked up over the past 10 months, was able to process and burn all that pizza off (or most of it anyway). It did fantastic, and my weight is basically unscaved. Sure, I couldn't do that regularly, because it would catch up and make me go backwards. But, today, NO weight gain, and I feel great, even though I felt sluggish yesterday (I assume eating poorly when my body is used to eating healthier and leaner now). I loved it, but didn't love how it made me feel, and I know now, that I love it, but LOVE feeling better, and eating healthy mo' better. Sure, I'll do it again, but not for another 6 months to a year. But, I KNOW my body can deal with crap and poison better now that it's healthy again than it could 10 months ago. So, I can feel better about every so often, letting my hair down on occasion, as long as it is controlled... A cool experiment, and successful one IMHO.

Now, back to good eating.. ;)

Last edited:
Tudorp! I love Meat Lovers Pizza! But I like my pan crust... EVEN WORSE!

Sounds like you paced yourself with it through the day. When I fall off the wagon the first day I usually do not see any change. So I think, "Oh! This is not as bad as I thought!" So the next day I will cheat more. Then I regreat it. So I think you are doing it right. Giving yourself one day! You have done so great and I know you needed a day off!

Tudorp! I love Meat Lovers Pizza! But I like my pan crust... EVEN WORSE!

Sounds like you paced yourself with it through the day. When I fall off the wagon the first day I usually do not see any change. So I think, "Oh! This is not as bad as I thought!" So the next day I will cheat more. Then I regreat it. So I think you are doing it right. Giving yourself one day! You have done so great and I know you needed a day off!

Thanks Mim.. But you are SO right about NOT thinking it's ok, then doing it again because damage was minimal. That is how it sneaks back in as part of your routine and works it's evil. If I didn't think I could do it in a controlled mannor with firm plans to go back on health afterwards as my routine, ya just shouldn't do it. Like I said, an eating problem is every bit as bad as alcoholism, and actually worse, because if you are a recovering alcoholic, you can make the choice to just stay away from your weakness completely. Food, you can not, because it is your poison, AND you have to have it daily. You can not give up eating. This is why so many fail. But, when you do have a cheat day, and I firmly believe you should as part of your recovery in the case of food. BUT you have to plan it, control it, and have an exit strategy. VERY important to do mission to it's completion, most importantly, the exit.. ;)

Oh, by the way...

Andy and I were talking. This summer the UUBL competition part sort of died. We are going to re-start 12 weeks before Thanksgiving. We have a Kala Thinline Travel Soprano up for grabs for the winner. It is loud, it is bright, it is good looking... and Andy really wants it! So I will be running the numbers because Andy wants to compete!!! Fun fun! So we will get a definate start date soon.

Oh, by the way...

Andy and I were talking. This summer the UUBL competition part sort of died. We are going to re-start 12 weeks before Thanksgiving. We have a Kala Thinline Travel Soprano up for grabs for the winner. It is loud, it is bright, it is good looking... and Andy really wants it! So I will be running the numbers because Andy wants to compete!!! Fun fun! So we will get a definate start date soon.

Oh great Mim. What I need is another Uke.. lol.. But I'll take it.. They are low calorie, zero fat, and good for you.. hahhah. Sounds great my little sister. Sign me up. I'll take on anybody because when ya have these competitions, everybody wins regardless of who gets a new Uke.. So, why wouldn't you participate.. ;)

Gonna report my weight a day early again. Gonna be out and about most the day tomorrow (my normal official weigh day). Give me one for this week. Kinda a disapointing loss this week. But, a loss is a loss, so I'll take it. Still not bad after my all day pizza fest last week. from 496# to 495#.

Gonna report my weight a day early again. Gonna be out and about most the day tomorrow (my normal official weigh day). Give me one for this week. Kinda a disapointing loss this week. But, a loss is a loss, so I'll take it. Still not bad after my all day pizza fest last week. from 496# to 495#.

Hey a pound is a pound. That is great!!!
Finally things are going my way/weigh.. In three weeks I am down 7! yeah!! finally!

Hey a pound is a pound. That is great!!!
Finally things are going my way/weigh.. In three weeks I am down 7! yeah!! finally!

AWESOME! So proud of you!

I have been holding steady. Going to start back on a program this Monday. Did not gain, but I could be losing. I am just happy to know I can hold steady as well!

I'm back in whenever it starts up again. I am down nearly 20# since February...

Top Bottom