UUBL: Fall 2011 Edition - Final Results in!

We lost what this guy from Varsity blues weighs.
ron-lester-before.jpg

Thank you. I have been doing the same thing (counting calories), nothing different last week. Don't know why some weeks are better than others.

Im going to go ahead and use todays weight for my weigh in. Looks like I am ending this session on a platoue. Only down 1 this week. Been stuck on this ledge for a couple weeks now. No worries, like I said before, this happens every 20 or so pound loss, so it was expected. I still continue to go, and will continue long after the session is over. I hope to stay in touch with anyone that wants to stay on this wagon with me..

Thanks Mim for all your work on this session, and all the trainers and health profesionals that keep us going.. ;)

Final weight for this session is 456 Lbs.. ;)

Wow.. I should have waited until this morning for my official weight. Woke up this morning down another 2. I hope that means the end of my latest platuoe.. ;)

Congratulations to all of us! I am celebrating today, which is also my birthday, by nursing the worst sore throat I've ever had. I never knew a throat could hurt like this. My truly awesome husband asked me last night if UUBL was over, and if I had won. Yes, and no. He wants to buy me the Kala Travel Soprano prize, but I declined. I have a birthday ukulele from our very own Tudorp. It is a tiny pineapple (Ladybug model).

UUBL has been great for me, and I have learned lots. I have another 30# to go to get to my goal. UUBL has taught me that this is reasonable, and that I can keep being healthy for a long time. Thank you everyone!

Congratulations to all of us! I am celebrating today, which is also my birthday, by nursing the worst sore throat I've ever had. I never knew a throat could hurt like this. My truly awesome husband asked me last night if UUBL was over, and if I had won. Yes, and no. He wants to buy me the Kala Travel Soprano prize, but I declined. I have a birthday ukulele from our very own Tudorp. It is a tiny pineapple (Ladybug model).

UUBL has been great for me, and I have learned lots. I have another 30# to go to get to my goal. UUBL has taught me that this is reasonable, and that I can keep being healthy for a long time. Thank you everyone!

Yay Christine! I was back down close to what my lowest week was this week. It has been a roller coaster for me .. down 2 up 1 .. down 4 up 6 .. ugh. Overall I had a good loss and feel it was a total success. I agree .. I now know that I can lose if I put forth just a little effort. I am not stopping. I will continue to push forward.
Maybe we could keep posting here to keep up the progress.

Some major wins for me were a real change in my eating habits. Last week I grabbed a chicken biscuit at work. Took one bite and chunked it. After eating healthier foods and nothing fried it tasted like pure grease. I decided it wasn't good and made the choice not to eat it. Instead I ate the Cheerios and skim milk I had brought for b'fast.

I don't know if I can do it or not .. but .. today is day 2 of no diet coke. Lots of tea and water worked yesterday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can maintain.

Everyone that participated was a winner :) I can't wait to see who won that uke ..

OK... as a group... For ALL OF UUBL we have lost 325 lbs:

Seriously guys! We should be so proud! And I am so impressed!!! And please keep in mind we are back in January! So be careful over the holidays, check back in here if you need support and we start again January 2!!!

Over this sculpture made out of 325 lbs of lard! How perfect is this picture?! Haha!:
1948+for+National+Live+Stock+and+Meat+Board+exhibit+by+Frank+%26+Betty+Dutt+(15+h,+325+lbs).jpg

A WHOLE SHAQUILE O'NEIL:

celtics-shaq-basketballjpg-9c3579e02e587680.jpg

A big Bear

sleepy_grizzly_bear_22670_990x742.jpeg

AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!

And the Final Winner is...

ANDY

UKULELEHILL!

He has a great consistent weight loss for all weeks!
We are proud of you Andy! CONGRATS!

Ok guys!

Next round starts in January...

want to do January 2nd... right out the gate after new years?

Or January 7th!

Let me know if you are in for the next round! Take it easy during the holiday! Donate your bigger clothes so you cant get back in them. If you dont want to do that, put them in a box, tape the box up tight... and put it in the attic and vow to not break that tape. If 6 months down the road it is still taped up... I say "Congrats on long-term permanent weight loss" and donate!

Awesome job guys!

Ok guys!

Or January 7th!

Let me know if you are in for the next round! Take it easy during the holiday! Donate your bigger clothes so you cant get back in them. If you dont want to do that, put them in a box, tape the box up tight... and put it in the attic and vow to not break that tape. If 6 months down the road it is still taped up... I say "Congrats on long-term permanent weight loss" and donate!

Awesome job guys!

I am definately in! Thanks Mim for keeping this going and tracking us :)

ANDY

UKULELEHILL!

WOOT WOOT!! Way to go Andy. How bout some pics. I bet you look loverlyier.

Thanks everyone :) I will try to get pics in the next few days, I need to get Becca to take them :)

Congrats UkeHill..

And yuh, I'm in for the Jan session. I still got a long row to hoe yet.. ;)

Everyone, good luck through the Holidays. It can be done during this season too. Eat your favorites, and remember, moderation, and your overall goals in mind. But, enjoy good eats through the holidays.. ;)

ANDY

UKULELEHILL!

Congratulations Andy!!!!!

And congratulations to all the rest of you as well for your persistence and accomplishments!

Now, since you have all made it through the competition a little smaller than when you started,
you have won a ukulele player stick figure decal!!! Cool, huh?

Please send me a PM with the address you would like your decal mailed to. I will be cutting them and mailing them out next weekend.

Ok guys!

Or January 7th!

Awesome job guys!

I'm in for January. My fall 2011 UUBL was undone by my August bicycle accident, but I'm once again running on all cylinders (knock wood) and anxious to ramp up my exercise program.

Thanks for organizing this. It was fun for me even if I couldn't participate at the level I wanted to, and I like to think that it kept me from ballooning while I was laid up.

By the way, Mim, I wanted to reward myself for sticking with the fall UUBL contest in spite of not being able to exercise for almost three months by acquiring a Kala hollow body U-Bass. Do you sell those, or do you sell only the Kala solid body U-Bass? Thanks!

Top Bottom