UUBL: Fall 2011 Edition - Final Results in!

I'm in for January. My fall 2011 UUBL was undone by my August bicycle accident, but I'm once again running on all cylinders (knock wood) and anxious to ramp up my exercise program.

Thanks for organizing this. It was fun for me even if I couldn't participate at the level I wanted to, and I like to think that it kept me from ballooning while I was laid up.

By the way, Mim, I wanted to reward myself for sticking with the fall UUBL contest in spite of not being able to exercise for almost three months by acquiring a Kala hollow body U-Bass. Do you sell those, or do you sell only the Kala solid body U-Bass? Thanks!

I got some hollows too... which you want and I will make sure i have one for ya :)

I am so in for January, too. I suspect my life will be changing during that time, yet again, for the better (job, move, etc), so keeping the health part going will be such an ego boost.

So.....I know I did not win the Kala Travel Soprano (which I covet), but, I win the 2nd best prize - ukulele stick figure car decal!!! And, even better, 23 solid pounds of weight loss! That's more than my pug weighs. Now, on to get to my Eng Bulldog, he's 40-ish#.

Congrats to all the losers

Congrats to all the winners, er, losers in the contest. If you weigh less than when you started, you're going in the right direction, just keep it up. With 48 pounds down during the contest, I feel great! See you all in January. My new goal is 100 pounds total by UWC in June.

Is anyone still tuned into this channel? I wonder how you all did over Thanksgiving holiday? It's been a week, and we made it through. I got through it with zero weight gain. No loss, but making it with no gain is a win in my book. I am on a platuoe too tho, so it was expected. I actually expected to gain a couple But, so far, nothing. Now we just got to get through the Christmas season, and the holiday battle will be over. Then we can start the new year and get back to work.. ;)

Is anyone still tuned into this channel? I wonder how you all did over Thanksgiving holiday? It's been a week, and we made it through. I got through it with zero weight gain. No loss, but making it with no gain is a win in my book. I am on a platuoe too tho, so it was expected. I actually expected to gain a couple But, so far, nothing. Now we just got to get through the Christmas season, and the holiday battle will be over. Then we can start the new year and get back to work.. ;)

I am here and proud to say I had all of my favs for the holiday and am back on the wagon. I did gain a pound .. but that could just be water .. or the sweet potato pie. :) I want to lose at least 6 more before the next session starts ..

I had many of my favorite family recipes too. Like we all said before, it's all in moderation. I ate my own family pecan pie recipe that me and my middle son designed based on an old one that came from my grand father. I had our old family favorite corn bread dressing. I even had fried turkey, ambrosia, and many other favorites, and have eaten left overs of them all over the past several days. But again, moderation, moderation, and being able to spread my calories out through out the day in stead of single sitting gorging. No loss..

Your temp gain could also be water like ya said. Many and most holiday dishes have allot of sodium in them, so water retention over the holidays is not uncommon at all, and easy to take back off if ya get off the salt for a few days. Now we just got the next big one, then onto a new year, new weight losses, new health.. ;)

I am here and proud to say I had all of my favs for the holiday and am back on the wagon. I did gain a pound .. but that could just be water .. or the sweet potato pie. :) I want to lose at least 6 more before the next session starts ..

I'm still missing some addresses for those of you who would like your Ukulele Player window decal prize. (Susie, I'll bring yours to the jam on Sunday). Please send me a PM with the address where you would like yours sent, if you haven't already done so.
Thanks!
Mike

Thanks, Mike. I got my ukulele decal.

Um...was there another prize for participants? I'm not trying to be a pain (it just comes naturally). But I thought someone was giving away string sets. Did I misunderstand or did circumstances change? I'm cool I did or they did. Just wondering.

Chris

OK, I am putting myself back in this game. All on my own, for all the world to see. I have NOT done well since UUBL ended on 11/21, but have also not done terribly. Am still exercising pretty well, but my night time eating has gone down the tubes. And I have enjoyed a few too many evening cocktails, too. Well, the liquor is pretty much cleared out, and it's time to get back on the horse. My weight today is 232.6, up about 2 pounds since UUBL Fall 2011 ended. My goal this week, with Christmas and all, is to not gain. We aren't doing anything for Christmas, though we might go out to eat. Which is kind of a good thing, because that way I can limit the overeating to one sitting, i.e., there won't be a ton of leftovers to snack on for days. So there it is. I hope everyone is doing super!!!!

OK, I am putting myself back in this game. All on my own, for all the world to see. I have NOT done well since UUBL ended on 11/21, but have also not done terribly.

I'm right there with you. I haven't weighed in since UUBL ended, but I'm sure it isn't good. Too much tempting food around this time of year, AND the weather makes for a convenient excuse not to run, AND traveling means skipping the exercise or eating out AND...you get the idea.

I'm right there with you. I haven't weighed in since UUBL ended, but I'm sure it isn't good. Too much tempting food around this time of year, AND the weather makes for a convenient excuse not to run, AND traveling means skipping the exercise or eating out AND...you get the idea.

I hear ya! I'm thinking that by UUBL-ing it on my own (or with whoever wants to jump in), it'll at least help a bit. Heck, it kept me away from the goodies this afternoon. That's something at least.

I hear ya! I'm thinking that by UUBL-ing it on my own (or with whoever wants to jump in), it'll at least help a bit. Heck, it kept me away from the goodies this afternoon. That's something at least.

I have done fairly well until Saturday night. I went to a company event. Ate too much, drank too much and had lots of sweet stuff. My body was totally po'ed at me! Sunday was not a good day :)

Made veggie chili and got back on the horse today. I am in here with y'all and will be slugging it out in Janurary :)

Good work, Susie! I mean the veggie chili and getting back on. I did OK on my first day 'back' on uubl. The whole 'going back on uubl' thing kept me away from the cake that's in the frig last night. That is something. Today is chicken/veggie soup. Tonight I'm going to see Jake Shimabukuro! And a bunch of ukulele friends will be there. I am sooo excited, wheeeeeee! And, after I get his sig on my Kiwi, she will go in to semi-retirement. That will free me up to play my new Mainland, which is so sweet. I played her Sun night and she just sings.

Be careful, and stay with it ladies.. I weigh myself every day, altho I don't recommend that for everyone. But do weight yourself at least once a week, and set yourself goals. I been doing this before UUBL, and will continue after. I don't do it for UUBL, I do it for myself and my family. UUBL is just a fun way to include friends and captialize on the support, and contribute to the support. The thing is, ACCOUNTIBILITY... If you aren't accountable to yourself, be accountable to your loved ones.. Include them in your daily regimin. They don't have to join you if they don't fight with weight, but it gives YOU accountability for yours. I account for myself, but I also stay accountible to my family. I weekly tell my wife my loss, or gain each week. I make myself accountable that way. It's REALLY tough during this time of year, but it can be done, I am living proof of that, and I am sure there are others. PM me anytime if ya need words of enccuragement, because I don't check this every day while UUBL is "off season". I hope to see all of you back with us after the holidays...

Thanks for the encouraging words and good advice. This week has gone better than previous ones, though I did have some peppermint bark today. It wasn't as good as I'd remembered it (might have been the brand), so I didn't have much. There are times when I would have eaten the whole package regardless, so that is something. Tonight will be tofu and veggie soup. For those of you who don't use tofu, it is good in a soup. Cut it in cubes, and as it boils it puffs up, it reminds me of dumplings, and makes me happy. Plus it's super easy. Tofu + frozen veggies + Vegeta (a soup boullion).

That IS something Christine. If nothing else, it proves to yourself that you do have control. I eat stuff like that too. If the wife or kid has some chips or something, I reach in the bag, grab only one, and walk away. I enjoy that one, let it stimulate my brain, and within a few minutes, that craving is gone, and my brain feels satified that it got over on me.. haheheh.. You can eat anything ya want, the magic word for that is "moderation". Those are my two key words really "Moderation" & Accountability". ;) Good job...

If ya like vegies (fortunatly I love em). An awesome thing that you can gorge on if you just have to eat to eat is this. Every now and then, I will make a pot of stewed tomatos and cabbage. I love both of those, and Tomato is only about 5 calories per oz, and cabbage is about 7 calories per oz. You can eat ALLOT of that and have little caloric effect, and loads of health benefit.

If ya like vegies (fortunatly I love em). An awesome thing that you can gorge on if you just have to eat to eat is this. Every now and then, I will make a pot of stewed tomatos and cabbage. I love both of those, and Tomato is only about 5 calories per oz, and cabbage is about 7 calories per oz. You can eat ALLOT of that and have little caloric effect, and loads of health benefit.

I do like both of those veggies - what's your 'recipe'? This sounds like a dish the hubby would like too.

There really isn't a recipe. I just either stew tomatos myself, or find canned stewed tomatos with low to no sodium or additives. A head of cabbage, pour em in a pot, season with a little sea salt, pepper, or whatever other spices I feel need to fall in the pot (I use lots of Mrs Dash products). Add water, and cook until the cabbage is tender. Pretty much make a stew out of it. I love it myself, and like I said, you can't eat enough of that stuff to do much harm with your calories for the day.. :)... Ya might even add a little of cellery if ya feel so inclined.. That is only a calorie or two an oz.

Top Bottom