UWC2010 June 4th-5th

Also...what do most people do for food? Will there be means of cooking anything? What do you suggest buying?

Stop at the store on the way through town. Potluck Friday night, so bring a contribution if you like. No cooking facilities, but there's room for a grill if you want one.

As for must haves:
Bug stuff - There's skeeters and chiggers. Decent bug repelant helps.
Food - you are on your own except for Friday's pot luck. Bring something if you want to.
Water - I think Mike bought some last year, but I'd bring a case of bottled to contribute.
Shade -there is a big tent, but I'd bring a hat and some sunscreen. It was not too hot last year, but the sun was fierce in the afternoon.
Warm clothes - it got cold and damp at night last year. Bring layers. Might want a trashbag to waterproof things if it downpours (dry last year).
Booze - BYOB
Flashlight / Lantern - the tent is lit, but the field is huge and can get super dark. I needed a flashlight to find Russel passed out in the weeds at about 3AM.

Last edited:
But what do you suggest for food? Can goods? We're flying, so a grill and such is def not an option
Camping amigo - don't they camp down there in AZ? :)

Cans are cold. For me, cold chili is not ideal. You could grab a camp stove - although you'd need to get fuel in Indiana, as you can't fly with gas or canisters. Easy enough. Pop into a camping store before you leave.

For me, I go simple. Some sandwich fixins and a cheap cooler (you can get them at the grocery store) go a long way and you don't need heat, just a bag of ice or two.. Fruit, chips and other snack-food, etc... Town's close, so you can drive in for breakfast and re-supply on Saturday.

Last edited:
Camping amigo - don't they camp down there in AZ? :)

Cans are cold. For me, cold chili is not ideal. You could grab a camp stove - although you'd need to get fuel in Indiana, as you can't fly with gas or canisters. Easy enough. Pop into a camping store before you leave.

For me, I go simple. Some sandwich fixins and a cheap cooler (you can get them at the grocery store) go a long way and you don't need heat, just a bag of ice or two.. Fruit, chips and other snack-food, etc... Town's close, so you can drive in for breakfast and re-supply on Saturday.
haha yea THEY camp in AZ, but I dont :D

Sandwiches are a good idea. We'll be all over that PB&J scene!! Thanks for the advice Grumps!!

So . . . what? No hunting? I can live with that. Means no herrings or herons for food that weekend, but I've gone without both one other time.

No rain? I've had my 7 yo son dealing with this situation for days. He assures me he's arranged awesome weather.

Dustin, get your grub on during the day and throw some granola bars/beef jerky/trail mix in your pack for the late night munchies. And drink high calorie beer.

As of 2 hours ago, I'm on vacation. Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

Anyone going to be camping at the party field Thursday night? I decided to leave right after work tomorrow, so I should hit the field around 12:30 ~ 1:00am eastern time (I forget which one of Indiana's 20 time zones Nashville is in :) ) So, if you're sleeping, and you hear someone swearing at a tent that they can't seem to put up in the dark, that's just me.

HH, come find me Friday morning if you have any chores/errands that need done. I can cut grass, help set up the stage, sample the beer to ensure that it is fresh, whatever...

Last edited:
Damn... now i kindof want to head out Thursday... ehh, most likely extremely early Friday morning. *le sigh*

I'll be there to set up camp Thursday early evening.
I'm bringing a small grill which I'm happy to share.

Top Bottom