Walking in the Air

Dominator

Reaction score
I've been collaborating with a good friend of mine since the start of the pandemic. This is our 5th video and 3rd Christmas video. This is a song composed by Howard Blake from his soundtrack to the 1982 animated short film "The Snowman" titled "Walking in the Air". It's beautiful and haunting at the same time.

We truly hope you enjoy this wonderful piece in the spirit of unity, peace, and love for the Holidays. Cheers!!!
PS: If you click the button that says "Watch on Youtube" there is a link in the description to the original movie. Highly recommend giving it a spin.

Last edited:
I've been collaborating with a good friend of mine since the start of the pandemic. This is our 5th video and 3rd Christmas video. This is a song composed by Howard Blake from his soundtrack to the 1982 animated film "The Snowman" titled "Walking in the Air". It's beautiful and haunting at the same time.

We truly hope you enjoy this wonderful piece in the spirit of unity, peace, and love for the Holidays. Cheers!!!

Beautifully rendered! Such a pretty composition! Thank you, guys!

Lovely! Really takes me back, I remember when that film came out.
My wife and I don't have kids and were not aware of this film until Mark mentioned it last Christmas. So glad he suggested we do it this year.

Reactions: TBB
Knew it was good before the first measure was over. Very beautiful playing of a great song. Well done.

Knew it was good before the first measure was over. Very beautiful playing of a great song. Well done.
Thanks for giving it a spin. Much appreciated. I really am blessed to have connected with Mark. It's really a pleasure to work with him.

I discovered this song a couple of years ago, and thought at the the time “What a lovely tune.” So, needless to say, I was delighted to hear the rendition you and your friend created. You both played really well, and adding the animation to the background elevated the video to “magical” status. Well done, Dominator!

Last edited:
That might make me put a low G string set I've had for a bit on one of my ukes.

Dom, do you share the tabs for your music? Would love to try making a solo version for myself.

My wife and I don't have kids and were not aware of this film until Mark mentioned it last Christmas. So glad he suggested we do it this year.
The film’s got such a sad ending, I was at school when it came out and I think I was traumatised by it! But it’s a very lovely song, and your uke version is beautiful.

I discovered this song a couple of years ago, and thought at the the time “What a lovely tune.” So, needless to say, I was delighted to hear the rendition you and your friend created. You both played really well, and addng the animation to the background elevated the video to “magical” status. Well done, Dominator!
Thank You! Mark did a Great job working the animation into the video.

That might make me put a low G string set I've had for a bit on one of my ukes.

Dom, do you share the tabs for your music? Would love to try making a solo version for myself.
I did transcribe my ukulele part for this. I've been unsuccessful in reaching the copyright holder to get permission to post it publicly.
Email me directly at dominatoruke@gmail.com

I've been collaborating with a good friend of mine since the start of the pandemic. This is our 5th video and 3rd Christmas video. This is a song composed by Howard Blake from his soundtrack to the 1982 animated film "The Snowman" titled "Walking in the Air". It's beautiful and haunting at the same time.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Dominator. You really capture the soul of the piece. I love the way you ran the animation along with your playing.

I've loved this song since I first heard it in The Snowman, decades ago. You've given the boy sopranos a run for their money. ;)

For those who haven't seen the film, in it this song is sung by a boy soprano. It's just lovely.

Last edited:
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Dominator. You really capture the soul of the piece. I love the way you ran the animation along with your playing.

I've loved this song since I first heard it in The Snowman, decades ago. You've given the boy sopranos a run for their money. ;)

For those who haven't seen the film, in it this song is sung by a boy soprano. It's just lovely.
Thanks so much!
If folks click the link that says "Watch on Youtube" instead of watching it on the player in this post there is a link to the original movie in the video description :).

Top Bottom