Price
Less than $650, depending on model and condition
Shipping
N/A
Size
Concert

SkeeterAB

Reaction score
I should NOT be buying any ukuleles in April, but I found a used KoAloha Soprano for a really good price that is sorely tempting me. Before I buy that and deplete my ukulele buying funds in advance for the next four months, I just wanted to make sure that no one out there is looking to sell one of the ukuleles that I know that I really want in the long term for a price that I can afford:)

I am interested in:
1) A KoAloha concert ukulele. I would prefer a non-Opio unless it is an Opio with pretty sapwood on the top because I love that look.(I am not interested in the spruce top Opio because I already have one.)
2) A Rebel mango concert ukulele with curly/pretty wood (preferable double creme).

Anita

I guess they all must be good if you are not selling.

I saw that Opio that was posted and I am tempted, except for the tuners. I really prefer the chrome white tuners. I recently spent $150 replacing black UPTs with white chrome ones on two different ukuleles. That effectively raises the price by $75 for me.

Someone who prefers the black UPTs will get a good deal on that beautiful Opio ukulele that is posted.

Last edited:
my Opio has the original friction tuners as well… I would say to aim for the Rebel or Koaloha. Both are a touch better sounding and a little nicer as well. some say the Opio sounds close to the Koaloha but i don’t buy it…. plus if you get an Opio you will likely still want the Koaloha. Sadly, the Rebel has gone up in price by almost $200 in the past couple of years.

my Opio has the original friction tuners as well… I would say to aim for the Rebel or Koaloha. Both are a touch better sounding and a little nicer as well. some say the Opio sounds close to the Koaloha but i don’t buy it…. plus if you get an Opio you will likely still want the Koaloha. Sadly, the Rebel has gone up in price by almost $200 in the past couple of years.
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

If you had a bead on something from Ed, you're golden. Ed sold me my first "nice" ukulele on this forum and really ignited my love of the instrument and that was like 12 years ago (or more!).

If you had a bead on something from Ed, you're golden. Ed sold me my first "nice" ukulele on this forum and really ignited my love of the instrument and that was like 12 years ago (or more!).
2011. I still think of that beautiful KoAloha soprano you had and Alan Okami wanted to purchase back from you. I hope you still have it.

Last edited:
Oh I do! No way that thing is leaving me. Hope all is well with you Ed!
Ed sold me a beautiful KoAloha concert ukulele. Apparently it is the bigger sibling of the soprano that he sold to UkueBass23. It is from one of the years that Pops was making the concert ukuleles himself. I will post pictures when it arrives.

Thank you all for your help and support.

Anita

I know it says "Acquired", but...

Three ukulele day!!

Thank you to Ed (efiscella) and Joel (jkib)! I am a very happy UkeLady today with a new (to me) KoAloha concert and a new (to me) Rebel Double Creme. Although I bought your ukuleles over a week apart they both arrived on the same day! I will write a double new uke day post next week after I get back from a business trip.

Also, sending a thank you out to Kurt (Boofa) for the blue Kamehameha KC-28, which coincidentally also came today. I didn't actually get three ukuleles today because the moment my son saw this ukulele, he decided it was for him. My son is much bigger now that he was in my profile pic.

Anita

Picture of the ukes below and my office visitor for fun!

Attachments

• IMG_1606.JPG
    IMG_1606.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG