WHEW!!!!

Doc Ivory

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
The Ukulele Site where i purchased my Pono sez 2-3 weeks till they can ship, they are THAT backed up.
Full set up being done.

This is an important part of the ukulele journey... it is preparing you for ordering a custom ukulele where you start on a waiting list. Once off the wait list (months to years), it is another two months. Once ready to ship, it may be two weeks. And then the delivery service tells you that they changed the delivery time to tomorrow after you waited all day for it.

So enjoy the journey!

I'm having a hard time.
In this age of two day Amazon deliveries, my patience gets thin anymore.
If you want that two day Amazon ukulele, you can have it. 🙃

This is an important part of the ukulele journey... it is preparing you for ordering a custom ukulele where you start on a waiting list. Once off the wait list (months to years), it is another two months. Once ready to ship, it may be two weeks. And then the delivery service tells you that they changed the delivery time to tomorrow after you waited all day for it.

So enjoy the journey!
Absolutely.
I had a custom mandolin made for me and it was over a year by a good bit.
The results were stunning though,.

I placed on order on 3/24. Still waiting. I've ordered from them in the past. The wait times are definitely getting longer.
Being the one that looks at the glass half full, I figure TUS is doing well...lots of sales...good business...a place that will be around. They must be doing something right. 😉
I'd buy from them, and choose the full setup, again in a heartbeat!

Waiting after you pull the trigger is always the hardest part. Either it's waiting for the shipping. Or for the setup to be done.

With TUS, the setup takes the time, usually around two weeks, but I've had it stretch to three. Then it goes to shipping and is gone the day after that. I live in rural Wisconsin, and FedEx has always delivered two days after it leaves TUS. (6 times) Deep sub-zero winter to hot summer, and everything in between. Always arrived undamaged. Pretty remarkable.

The setup is worth the wait. Four of my ukes had pickups installed by their tech folks. Very professional installations.

Waiting after you pull the trigger is always the hardest part. Either it's waiting for the shipping. Or for the setup to be done.

With TUS, the setup takes the time, usually around two weeks, but I've had it stretch to three. Then it goes to shipping and is gone the day after that. I live in rural Wisconsin, and FedEx has always delivered two days after it leaves TUS. (6 times) Deep sub-zero winter to hot summer, and everything in between. Always arrived undamaged. Pretty remarkable.

The setup is worth the wait. Four of my ukes had pickups installed by their tech folks. Very professional installations.
Happy to hear about the setup being well worth the wait.
I've had guitars and mandolins set up in a day and truly, the results weren't worth it.
Hope to visit these guys at TUS in person sometime

I had mine delivered to me in the UK from TUS in under a week. QC set up only but it's absolutely perfect. Couldn't be happier with the service and the instrument. My fourth purchase from them and every time it's like buying in the UK (apart from the import duty of course!). No reason to buy in the UK anymore and nobody has what they have anyway, not even close.

I have always weighed the wait against how long I plan to own and enjoy playing it. Kinda like have a kitchen renovation done, it might take more then 4 weeks but I'll love it for decades to come.

My first custom ukulele took over one year to finally make it into my hands. That was 9 years ago and I still am thrilled with it everytime I pick it up, admire it and play it.

Buy the way (pun intended) what ukulele did you purchase. We need details 😁

I'm having a hard time.
In this age of two day Amazon deliveries, my patience gets thin anymore.
I purchased a Red Label KoAloha, a new e-bike, and a new super automatic coffee maker and am excited to receive all. I thought I had deliveries timed perfectly to arrive by yesterday, but the Universe had other plans. They are all arriving at my house today and tomorrow, but I am away from home until next week. I can't even blame somebody else for the delay. Ugggh

I have always weighed the wait against how long I plan to own and enjoy playing it. Kinda like have a kitchen renovation done, it might take more then 4 weeks but I'll love it for decades to come.

My first custom ukulele took over one year to finally make it into my hands. That was 9 years ago and I still am thrilled with it everytime I pick it up, admire it and play it.

Buy the way (pun intended) what ukulele did you purchase. We need details 😁
Pono Spruce Top Mahogany Tenor Pro Classic.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I purchased a Red Label KoAloha, a new e-bike, and a new super automatic coffee maker and am excited to receive all. I thought I had deliveries timed perfectly to arrive by yesterday, but the Universe had other plans. They are all arriving at my house today and tomorrow, but I am away from home until next week. I can't even blame somebody else for the delay. Ugggh
Of course.......
Sigh, I've tried to time deliveries too and to my knowledge, never successfully

Top Bottom