Which movies made you cry?

man, i cant believe that no one has said marley and me.

there were many parts that got me choked up. but the one that got me was when crooked nose guy carries marley to the car. my whole body quivered as tears uncontrollably streamed down my face. my gf started crying cuz she saw me crying. lol.

i'm usually ok about keeping the tears back, despite the big knot that developes in the back of my throat. but this movie really got me, cuz marley was exactly like my p.i.t.a. german shepard. i mean, EXACTLY!!! i too, had to carry my dog to his last car-ride. every step felt like my legs were made of lead... like i said, that scene was heart-wrenching...

aaaaaaand, there's that knot choking back the tears...

I was planning on adding "Marley and Me". We had just lost our German Shepherd a few months before we saw it. We'd only had him for three years (he was nine when we got him because his owner had cancer). But we had also lost a 13 year old lab in '03 that we had had since he was 4 months old. My wife and I were both bawling at the end of the movie, and decided to wait til the theater emptied out a bit so no one would see us. But apparently the other 50 people crying had the same idea. We were lucky though, because with both of our dogs, our vet came to the house. So we didn't have that last car ride ordeal.
Also, "Saving Private Ryan" at various points. My mom's father was in D-day and was killed on July 11th 1944 about 15 miles from the beaches. Over a month to get less than 20 miles. I didn't know much about him (my mom was only 15 months old when he died), and so that movie was pretty rough. Important though. I'm not sure I would want to see it again.

Lot's of movies have gotten some tears from me, but the one that always comes to mind first when it comes up is when Matthew Cuthbert dies in Anne of Green Gables.

great thread davoomac.

There are quite a few actually.

The one that got me twitching the most was probably "Awakenings" with Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams. An unlikely duo to give you a tearjerker I know, but I'll never forget watching it for the first time with my girlfriend on video...a couple of scenes just got me going so bad I actually couldn't stop crying. I was sobbing. No other film has made me cry like that before or since.

Last edited:
"Raising Arizona"

I laugh to tears during the chase scene with all the dogs... "Son, you got a pantie on your head."
And I always weep during the dream sequence at the end, so bittersweet.

E.T. when I was like 5! haha

good call donza! I'd forgotten that one. Also, "On Golden Pond" with the late great Henry Fonda and Kathryn Hepburn. Beautiful, beautiful film.

Another one worth checking out is "Swept From The Sea"; very intense and ultimately heartbreaking love story

Titanic.Never seen it,but from the trailers and all that
I have read.it's a crying shame that Cameron was allowed
to make this pile of ****!

The legend of 1900 ......... great movie.

After coughing up $12 for the ticket, $8 for popcorn and & $6 for a soda then sitting for over 2 1/2 hours watching a crappy movie......I always cry!!! :wallbash:

Boy, I just didn't get "UP." It didn't do anything for me and I've tried to watch it twice and just can't get through it out of boredom.

Top Bottom