Strings Which Of These String Sets Will Exert More Tension On The Bridge?

They are "about the same" as the Nyltech are about 1250 density (someone else's notes off a spreadsheet), much lower than the 1791 for fluorocarbon. So 'More dense and thinner' balances 'less dense and thicker'.

They are "about the same" as the Nyltech are about 1250 density (someone else's notes off a spreadsheet), much lower than the 1791 for fluorocarbon. So 'More dense and thinner' balances 'less dense and thicker'.
Makes good sense, pondweed. (Now THERE'S a four-word sequence I never dreamed I'd be using today...) 😄

Are you asking this because you are worried that string tension will pull up the saddle?

Or are you looking for the microscopic solution to Solve ultimate playability on a soprano uke.
Good question, UkeSlacker! 😄
I was more concerned about the question of "the amount of pull on the bridge", rather than the "playability" factor...

Because it's my understanding that the "String Theory" forum/ thread remains under Mod discussion, I'm posting here:
I just noticed that the only concert/ soprano Martin strings sold by Musicians Friend are M600. Though I had a problem with a prematurely fraying A string last year that prompted me to switch to Fremont Blacklines, after re-listening to the following September 2022 cover of Skynyrd's "The Ballad of Curtis Loew", I realized: (A) I was still using M600s at the time; (B) The strings sounded pretty freaking great, particularly on the final 'chime' note to close the outro, and (C) I was standing at least 12 inches nearer the smartphone than I usually do, which may explain a certain portion of sound clarity and any perceived overtones (not sure that's even the correct term).

Anyway, next time I need strings, I'm now strongly considering changing only the high-G, C and E to Martin M-600 and leaving the D'Addario A in place. Along the same lines as the OP's original question, is anyone aware of any downsides to doing that?

Top Bottom