Which size RISA uke solid would you choose for a beginner?

I started my uke life with a soprano, but quickly found that a concert size was less frustrating. Once you get used to chord shapes, going back to soprano is OK, but I think the soprano might put a few beginners off - I might have been put off if a shop sales guy had not recommended concert size when I went for uke #2.

For that reason, I went for a RISA concert (uke #11!) - plus I preferred the colour anyway. Overall, the concert is smaller than a normal soprano anyway, so still great for travel. Intonation, playability are all excellent. Unplugged, it's great for quiet practice, and if you have an iPhone or an iPad, get an iRig. Plug in your headphones and it's just awesome - all the effects, overdrive, fuzz, echo... :)

I started my uke life with a soprano, but quickly found that a concert size was less frustrating. Once you get used to chord shapes, going back to soprano is OK, but I think the soprano might put a few beginners off - I might have been put off if a shop sales guy had not recommended concert size when I went for uke #2.

For that reason, I went for a RISA concert (uke #11!) - plus I preferred the colour anyway. Overall, the concert is smaller than a normal soprano anyway, so still great for travel. Intonation, playability are all excellent. Unplugged, it's great for quiet practice, and if you have an iPhone or an iPad, get an iRig. Plug in your headphones and it's just awesome - all the effects, overdrive, fuzz, echo... :)

I started off with a soprano as well. Thought it was great until I got a concert. It was hard for me to go back to the soprano. In fact, it got neglected. If I had the money, I would get a concert size RISA.

I'm really enjoying my uke :) , I've been having a lot of fun with playing it this past weekend :) .

I ordered a nice little strap for it on etsy too :) .

Ok, let's see the strap!

:)

I chose this design :) (without the tie end though), from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MBCCustom
il_fullxfull.438265176_1hl6.jpg

Top Bottom