While wondering about aNueNue usa sales figures I ran across this- aNueNue US-100 bird Series

I wonder if this is to compete with the Kanilea Oha line...mmm..

They announced this a week-ish ago, which yeah, is about the same time that Kanile'a announced the new Oha series, but I think the timing is more related to general market conditions (ie, people wanting more price points, preferably lower ones, :) for excellent ukes) than aiming anything at each other in particular. As both companies have had the hearts of their product lines move up in price, they both opened up the same space in the sub-$1000 range, so it'd be surprising if they weren't so similarly priced. Where else would they go without displacing one of their product lines already in play?

Beyond that, these things take time. Kanile'a has been working on the new Oha for almost four years now, and while I don't know the development pace at Anuenue, it takes a loooong time to roll out a new model and get it in stores. This might indeed be a WOU exclusive, although the site doesn't mention it that I saw....does it?

They're also different critters, though. To start with, Anuenue's is sitka spruce (apparently lowering the price from their usual Moon spruce?) with African mahogany top and sides, vs. all Hawaiian koa for Oha. They don't look much alike or sound much alike, either, any more than a MoonBird looks or sounds like a Kanile'a K series, even when built from similar materials in a similar price range. While I haven't played the 100 Bird to directly compare to Oha, based on how impressed I was in my comparison-contrast between Kanile'a K2 and Moonbird on my last trip to HMS/TUS, I'd say maybe get one of each? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
They announced this a week-ish ago, which yeah, is about the same time that Kanile'a announced the new Oha series, but I think the timing is more related to general market conditions (ie, people wanting more price points, preferably lower ones, :) for excellent ukes) than aiming anything at each other in particular. As both companies have had the hearts of their product lines move up in price, they both opened up the same space in the sub-$1000 range, so it'd be surprising if they weren't so similarly priced. Where else would they go without displacing one of their product lines already in play?

Beyond that, these things take time. Kanile'a has been working on the new Oha for almost four years now, and while I don't know the development pace at Anuenue, it takes a loooong time to roll out a new model and get it in stores. This might indeed be a WOU exclusive, although the site doesn't mention it that I saw....does it?

They're also different critters, though. To start with, Anuenue's is sitka spruce (apparently lowering the price from their usual Moon spruce?) with African mahogany top and sides, vs. all Hawaiian koa for Oha. They don't look much alike or sound much alike, either, any more than a MoonBird looks or sounds like a Kanile'a K series, even when built from similar materials in a similar price range. While I haven't played the 100 Bird to directly compare to Oha, based on how impressed I was in my comparison-contrast between Kanile'a K2 and Moonbird on my last trip to HMS/TUS, I'd say maybe get one of each? :ROFLMAO:
Ugh! Guess I'm late to the party- as usual! I think it's a really smart move for uke manufacturers to make these mid tier ukes; they appeal at the price point (a lot but not insurmountable), mid- high end brand recognition as well as model street cred. I'd love to hear the 100 bird series vs the oha series in person but I'm landlocked in the center of conus with nary a local uke shop to be had!

Get one of each? Heck yeah! Which did you prefer, the K2 or the moonbird? Do tell!

Top Bottom