Wonderful Ukulele Evening

RafterGirl

Reaction score
My ukulele friends and I went to see The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain here in Salt Lake City last night. What a wonderful evening. This was my first time seeing them. Many of my uke family members had seen them before, but it's been a number of years since they've been in Utah. We had a blast. Such fun. As we were leaving the concert I said to my friends......"I don't know whether to be really inspired or really intimidated?" A bit of both I guess. They are amazing ukulele musicians, very entertaining, and great ambassadors for ukulele. They also did an afternoon show for school kids that some of my friends attended. They said the kids were totally into it and had a great time. I sure hope they return again next year.

They're going to be in Vancouver BC at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and I can't get over this time to see them. Hopefully, if/when they come back.

I've always loved their YouTube videos. How lucky you were to see them in person, sounds like a great time was had by all.

That's terrific.

Check out some of their YouTube videos. Some of the members did more personal vids when everyone was in lockdown. As well as their performances.

I had tickets to see them in 2020 and the concert was cancelled due to COVID.

My ukulele friends and I went to see The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain here in Salt Lake City last night. What a wonderful evening. This was my first time seeing them. Many of my uke family members had seen them before, but it's been a number of years since they've been in Utah. We had a blast. Such fun. As we were leaving the concert I said to my friends......"I don't know whether to be really inspired or really intimidated?" A bit of both I guess. They are amazing ukulele musicians, very entertaining, and great ambassadors for ukulele. They also did an afternoon show for school kids that some of my friends attended. They said the kids were totally into it and had a great time. I sure hope they return again next year.
That's a great group! I watch them online. Maybe the performance you saw will be posted someday.

They're going to be in Vancouver BC at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and I can't get over this time to see them. Hopefully, if/when they come back.
I don’t see this show on their website. They will be in Toronto. I missed them the last time they toured North America - they even played right here in my small town of Bellingham. No such luck this time.

I've always loved their YouTube videos. How lucky you were to see them in person, sounds like a great time was had by all.
Same here. When I started to get interested in ukulele, a friend suggested that I watch their videos. Lots of fun.
Thanks for the reminder to go back and watch more! I can always use that fun viewing.

It must have been great to see them in person. Glad that RafterGirl got to go to the show.

Top Bottom