Woolly Mammoth

Maybe they will resurrect some Neanderthals with spears to help keep them in check…
Some saber tooth tigers to the Neanderthal population under control?

Maybe they will resurrect some Neanderthals with spears to help keep them in check…
Some saber tooth tigers to the Neanderthal population under control?
Creeping incrementalism. “Life finds a way” was my favorite line from Jurassic Park.

I have never seen that movie. My son has, though. He was like 6 or 7 when it came out. He called me (he was at his dad's for the summer) to tell me all about it.

"... and then this guy is sitting on the toilet and this giant dinosaur just chomps him in half!"

EEEEP! :eek:

"... but it was ok, mom. He was a LAWYER."

Aaack! 😵‍💫

Are these the same scientists that tell us the planet's getting warmer?

If they are, the fact that they are right about that would lend credence to the idea that they know what they're doing about wooly mammoths, too.

But no. Climatologists are not the same as biologists/geneticists.

If they are, the fact that they are right about that would lend credence to the idea that they know what they're doing about wooly mammoths, too.

But no. Climatologists are not the same as biologists/geneticists.
No doubt that they know what they’re doing about woolly mammoths. I just question the decision to bring an Artic species back into a warming world. Perhaps the two specialties should have conferred before preceding .

They adapted once. Chances are they can adapt again. They won't really be real woolly mammoths, given the amount of elephant genes they've had to splice in.

They would need to become smaller so they can shed heat better. Maybe mini mammoths?

We already had some of them. Of course if you're bringing back the big'uns, why not the little'uns too?

You know what'll happen - people will start buying them at easter and dying them pastel colors for the kiddies. Like lambs, only worse.

Looking forwards to having a Flintstone sized rack of mammoth ribs at the drive thru

JOB1815_Brandler_Galleries-107-scaled.jpg

You had “dyed lambs”? Dang, we only had baby chickens and ducks…
But then they made it illegal to sell dyed chicks and ducks. Now, its just the lambs. Of course they're all ramlings. So ... pretty soon you've got a randy 300 lb ram who still wants to climb into your lap.

Hubris

Just because you might, can, want to doesn't mean you should.

The time, energy, technology, effort and so forth if used in a positive manner could more likely help those currently living and evolving. I collectively include "those" to mean all living things on this rock we call earth.

Once they figure this out then maybe we can bring back the carrier pigeon, the dodo and the other species we removed from this world in the past couple of hundred years. Heck get some species that will make life interesting and hunt humans like in the BBC show Primeval.

Top Bottom