Worth Strings - Heavy vs "Fat"

ChamorroDT

Reaction score
Would THESE...be similar to THESE...

The reason for my asking is on the Worth "Fat", it says they are primarily for intended for Soprano or Concert Ukes and the Worth Heavy are primarily for Tenor Ukes.

And the only difference that I see in terms of the strings gauges are that the first string on the "Fat" is 0.62mm and on the Heavy it's 0.57mm.

Main reason why I'm asking is because I plan on changing the strings on my Tenor Uke, and I was thinking about getting "Fat" strings.

Thanks in advance for any information and/or help.

I was just looking at the chart and it indicates Fats, both brown and clear can be used on tenors. I base these on the string lengths and 63 inch is usually cut for tenors.

Worth Strings are packaged to make two sets. Just cut 'em in half.

no -- don't cut until you have the first set strung. experience sez.

Well, that is true...Then again, even if I cut them in half and string'em on after, I know the string is going to continue to stretch - but either way, just to be safe!...I should do that. :cool:

I've strung plenty of tenors and I've never had any probs cutting them in half then stringing them. 31.5 inches of string should be more than sufficient.

I've strung plenty of tenors and I've never had any probs cutting them in half then stringing them. 31.5 inches of string should be more than sufficient.

Same here. as a matter of fact, I even have to trim some off after cutting them in half.

No reason to have to handle a 63" string while stringing up your uke. Cut em in half first and you should have no problems.

So, let us know what you think of the fat Worths. I was thinking about trying them as well.

Top Bottom