WTB DaSilva soprano

I remember that years ago when he had an active build list going I was always really impressed with how his instruments looked and sounded. Good luck!

I remember that years ago when he had an active build list going I was always really impressed with how his instruments looked and sounded. Good luck!
The tenor I own is spectacular in its sound. Aesthetics are simple and tasteful.

I always used to drool over DaSilva's sopranos. I wonder how they stand up against some of the custom makers nowadays. If you find one, please let us know.

The other builder I really liked was Dave Means of Glyph ukulele. I had a tenor way back which was amazingly good, but sold it as I began to only play sopranos. I always regret not getting him to make a soprano for me.

I hope you find a nice DaSilva!

The other builder I really liked was Dave Means of Glyph ukulele. I had a tenor way back which was amazingly good, but sold it as I began to only play sopranos. I always regret not getting him to make a soprano for me.

I hope you find a nice DaSilva!
Never heard of him before, is he still building?

No, he stopped a number of years back.

No, he stopped a number of years back.
Love this community! Found a couple of sopranos spanning 16 years apart!!! I think he built a few ukes through Covid but they were shipped to Japan. Kiwaya site has a concert still in stock.

Love this community! Found a couple of sopranos spanning 16 years apart!!! I think he built a few ukes through Covid but they were shipped to Japan. Kiwaya site has a concert still in stock.
Looks like one of them was a scammer..

Wow, quite a stunning looking instrument.

I sold a DaSilva soprano many years ago, and have tried to track down the buyer to see if I could buy it back! Unfortunately, I’ve lost their info. 8^(

There’s one listed on Reverb if you’re still looking (it’s a redwood top, ziricote back & sides uke).

Top Bottom