WTB: Klos All Carbon Tenor

ashkettle

Reaction score
Hoping to get my hands on one from somebody who needs to trim down their collection before going to the website.
If you have one you are looking to sell, LMK.

Hoping to get my hands on one from somebody who needs to trim down their collection before going to the website.
If you have one you are looking to sell, LMK.
Any interest in an upgraded hybrid Klos? Mint condition, purchased Dec 2020 with Square Trade Warranty. Upgraded with Graphtech Ratio tuners and black Tusq nut and saddle. Will be posting it soon.

Any interest in an upgraded hybrid Klos? Mint condition, purchased Dec 2020 with Square Trade Warranty. Upgraded with Graphtech Ratio tuners and black Tusq nut and saddle. Will be posting it soon.
I would love to hear more details about the upgraded hybrid Klos...

Klos Black Friday sale, $200 off, both full carbon and hybrid models.

I have one of the original acoustic/electric ones. What do you want to spend? Must it have a CF neck?

Sorry, but I was looking for the CF neck. I picked one up on the black friday sale.

How are you finding the Klos?
Although I didn't post the original message, I did pick up a KLOS with CF neck and am enthralled! The sound is stunning. It's fun to play and garners a great deal of attention. Whenever folks strum it a bit, their eyebrows go up in surprise and comments typically include something about how it sounds 'alive,' 'vibrant,' 'great voice,' etc. I still love my Kanile'a koa wood uke and am finding the differences between them to be unique and delightful.

Although I didn't post the original message, I did pick up a KLOS with CF neck and am enthralled! The sound is stunning. It's fun to play and garners a great deal of attention. Whenever folks strum it a bit, their eyebrows go up in surprise and comments typically include something about how it sounds 'alive,' 'vibrant,' 'great voice,' etc. I still love my Kanile'a koa wood uke and am finding the differences between them to be unique and delightful.
Awesome - thanks for the insight.

I also have a kanile’a and am looking for a travel uke that also sounds great. Will give the Klos a proper look!

I absolutely love the Klos. It's really all I find myself playing now. It may be the perfect instrument for me.
Ahhhh, I'm trying to decide if I can pack the Klos or if I need to go to a Risa stick on my motorcycle for trips. I'm not an over-packer, but hubs will probably prefer the Risa stick for size...

That’s great to hear! What about it sets it apart from other ukes you’ve had?
Ashkettle has not replied. So I will. My KLOS is the one uke I can keep anywhere and it is ready to play. In the car, by my desk, at the beach, to festivals (when we had those big festivals). I never had to worry about it. It is built like a tank. But, it is well balanced. You can shred on this thing all day long and finger pick all night long. Not as light as one might expect from a CF Uke. That is its selling point.
Now, how does it play against my other ukes. It is a different animal. But, it for sure DOES NOT sound like a plastic uke. No way. It sounds very good. Does it match the sound of my $4K Espaniola . . . no. It plays like a uke in the $600 - $900 range. The tuners are so smooth. The neck is just how I like it. Low profile and glossy. It has a narrow fretboard - 35mm wide at the nut just as I like them. I love the Tasmanian Blackwood fretboard over the all carbon-fiber fretboard. It projects very well. Has accurate intonation. And this one has the Fishman Kula Preamp. I think the preamp is a great one for a uke. It is the only acoustic/electric uke I have.

Ashkettle has not replied. So I will. My KLOS is the one uke I can keep anywhere and it is ready to play. In the car, by my desk, at the beach, to festivals (when we had those big festivals). I never had to worry about it. It is built like a tank. But, it is well balanced. You can shred on this thing all day long and finger pick all night long. Not as light as one might expect from a CF Uke. That is its selling point.
Now, how does it play against my other ukes. It is a different animal. But, it for sure DOES NOT sound like a plastic uke. No way. It sounds very good. Does it match the sound of my $4K Espaniola . . . no. It plays like a uke in the $600 - $900 range. The tuners are so smooth. The neck is just how I like it. Low profile and glossy. It has a narrow fretboard - 35mm wide at the nut just as I like them. I love the Tasmanian Blackwood fretboard over the all carbon-fiber fretboard. It projects very well. Has accurate intonation. And this one has the Fishman Kula Preamp. I think the preamp is a great one for a uke. It is the only acoustic/electric uke I have.
I'm going to have to agree with every single thing said here. Sorry I haven't responded, but a case of pneumonia knocked me out for a few weeks. Mine is acoustic only, because honestly I don't really ever intend on playing in a group or on stage and just enjoy the whole "living room music" aspect of playing. Comes from my days playing Irish Whistle I think.
The intonation on this is absolutely perfect. I think the sound is perfect, but I'm fairly deaf from spending the better part of the 80s in punk clubs and the 90s bouncing without ear plugs. I'm probably not the best person to be the judge of that. My wife likes it, so there's that.
I do honestly believe it's worth every penny.

Top Bottom