Wunderkammer Musical Instrument Co.

I failed to mention that Liam was very, very apologetic and I told him family came first … I understood the delays … but communication, or specifically, the lack of it, can be stressful. But after playing one of Liam’s masterpieces, knowing what I know now, I’d do it all over again.

It's been quite some time since Liam posted anything on his website, Instagram, or FB.
Today, I checked his website, and it has been taken down.
Has anyone checked with him? I sure hope he's doing well.
Thanks.

An interesting thread.

I believe that TheBathBird lives not far from him so wonder about that avenue of enquiry …

By happy chance I met Liam some years back and he struck me as a gentle soul and possibly a little bit eccentric, not necessarily the best traits to have in a cut and thrust world. How organised is he? Apparently not particularly and that’s common of a lot of tradesmen in the UK, some customers get ‘noisy’ about delays and that can bounce one of two ways … and nobody likes using precious time to contact customers who might be somewhat less than happy about delays, etc. Some tradesmen feel unable to say ‘no’ too, they accept more work than they can manage. The more organised tradesmen tend to have a wife helping them with the paperwork, billing and customer contacts; perhaps what Liam needs is someone doing such stuff for him.

I’m hoping that Liam is well and that his family are too, but stuff happens. The mechanic I use to test and service my car is a bit of a gem and he rings me when annual work is due (one less thing for me to worry about). Last year the calls didn’t arrive, he’d suddenly been taken seriously ill and his wife was fully loaded with his care. Diverting stuff happens, it can overwhelm us, and sickness of close friends and family can derail our everyday life.

… did I mention that some members live relatively near to him - he’s about ten miles from the City of Bath - maybe one that knows him could happen to be in the area and drop by for a social call 😉.

Last edited:
maybe one that knows him could happen to be in the area and drop by for a social call 😉
If money was no object (darn, it is!), as a shop teacher by degree (woods, graphic arts and drafting), I’d pay admission to watch Liam work in his shop! If he was a bit more organized, I think he could have a very successful Patreon with shop videos and teaching. He sounds charming when he demonstrates songs on ukuleles he’s completed and ready to ship. In spite of his shortcomings, Liam has an incredible gift, technical skills, and musical ability that blends not into a ukulele maker, but a craftsman/artist in the truest sense of the word.

Last edited:
If money was no object (darn, it is!), as a shop teacher by degree (woods, graphic arts and drafting), I’d pay admission to watch Liam work in his shop! If he was a bit more organized, I think he could have a very successful Patreon with shop videos and teaching. He sounds charming when he demonstrates songs on ukuleles he’s completed and ready to ship.is spite of his shortcomings, Liam has an incredible gift, technical skills, and musical ability that blends not into a ukulele maker, but a craftsman/artist in the truest sense of the word.
He is a lovely person, and I wish nothing but the best for him and his family. He deserves nothing less.

Top Bottom