Your Feelings Regarding A Specific Online Ukulele Store

BDW

Reaction score
I just ordered a ukulele case from an online ukulele store based in San Diego. While doing this, I recalled that at least some UU forum members have a strong antipathy toward this company and perhaps its proprietor. I have ordered a few items, including an Islander ukulele, from them and have no real complaints, other than currently being bombarded with emails promoting Black Friday pricing. I wonder why there seem to be such negative feelings regarding the company? Is my generally positive experience with them an exception? Or are there other reasons for the antipathy?

Here are a few opinions...

Yes, please! There are FORTY EIGHT PAGES of very specific reasons for antipathy there. I'm not at all willing to go through that again, so please go back to that thread....or better yet, don't. 🤣

Here's the thing, @BDW. If you're happy enough doing business with that shop, please do! Doesn't matter if that thread goes to 10,000 pages. If you're happy, be happy! Trust yourself!

We honestly don't need another thread about whether or not he's what somebody else thinks he is or isn't doing or being or whatever. It's seriously one of the longest threads in our 16 year history.

If we can come in for a reasonable landing somewhere around here, I'll let it stand, but otherwise, I'll be merging this one into that one.

I promise I'm not being scoldy! This is the sound of sheer panic. LOL

Normally, I let threads go wherever they will, but that topic completely swamped the forum for weeks, and one of the most popular topics toward the end became, "Why are we still talking about this?" 🤣 So I'd be merging this thread into that one as a matter of public safety, if you will. 😁

So again, if you're happy with that store, enjoy! You're the expert on your experience, not any of us!

Finally, and most important, please keep posting and starting threads! I swear I'm not trying to be discouraging. We really are a friendly supportive bunch, including me, I promise...but calling this a "hot button topic", well, you can read the first few pages of that thread and see what's what pretty quickly...and again, none of that makes your experience any less valid!

Have fun,
Tim
Mod

Last edited:
I just ordered a ukulele case from an online ukulele store based in San Diego. While doing this, I recalled that at least some UU forum members have a strong antipathy toward this company and perhaps its proprietor. I have ordered a few items, including an Islander ukulele, from them and have no real complaints, other than currently being bombarded with emails promoting Black Friday pricing. I wonder why there seem to be such negative feelings regarding the company? Is my generally positive experience with them an exception? Or are there other reasons for the antipathy?
There's a thread that exists on UU that discusses experiences and opinions. If you give that a deep dive you'll get an idea of the history. However in the final analysis, if you have good experiences with a particular seller that is always good, and positivity is healing and fosters good will.

Yes, please! There are FORTY EIGHT PAGES of very specific reasons for antipathy there. I'm not at all willing to go through that again, so please go back to that thread....or better yet, don't. 🤣

Here's the thing, @BDW. If you're happy enough doing business with that shop, please do! Doesn't matter if that thread goes to 10,000 pages. If you're happy, be happy! Trust yourself!

We honestly don't need another thread about whether or not he's what somebody else thinks he is or isn't doing or being or whatever. It's seriously one of the longest threads in our 16 year history.

If we can come in for a reasonable landing somewhere around here, I'll let it stand, but otherwise, I'll be merging this one into that one.

Normally, I let threads go wherever they will, but that topic completely swamped the forum for weeks, and one of the most popular topics toward the end became, "Why are we still talking about this?" 🤣 So I'd be merging this thread into that one as a matter of public safety, if you will. 😁

So again, if you're happy with that store, enjoy! You're the expert on your experience, not any of us!

Finally, and most important, please keep posting and starting threads! I swear I'm not trying to be discouraging. We really are a friendly supportive bunch, including me, I promise...but calling this a "hot button topic", well, you can read the first few pages of that thread and see what's what pretty quickly...and again, none of that makes your experience any less valid!

Have fun,
Tim
Mod

Dittos.

Last edited by a moderator:
🤣😵‍💫...

👉😌👈
"This thread is not happening. This thread is not happening..."

Doesn't matter if that thread goes to 10,000 pages
One member had a bet with their spouse, if the thread got to a certain number of pages, they would get treated to oysters! Must've been at least a dozen posts just to support that goal.

Last edited:
Hi BDW! What did you order? Was it a BF sale? :)

Oops, that should be I'm a newby. Darn spell "corrector"

I call it autoINcorrect, because it seems like 99% of the time, it takes the perfectly correct thing I typed and turns out into something else entirely.

No harm done, friend! Don't worry about it at all! I'm just a little jumpy about this topic. 🤣 Feel free to add anything you care to, whether in this thread or that one. It sounds like we're all interested in keeping this a little more contained than last time. 🙂🤙

We were all nannies at one point...don't worry about it.

There is nothing wrong with posting about it if you had a good experience. It is good to get a positive update on how things are going.
I agree. Nothing wrong with positive, it's refreshing.

We definitely would appreciate a NUD (new ukulele day) post when the time comes. Feel free to create a brand new post for that. With pics. Lotsa pics. Not being demanding or pushy at all or anything... 😜

And I agree, positive experiences are very welcome on this topic.

Top Bottom