"You're Nobody 'til Somebody Loves You" - with chord melody intro

DuckyI

Reaction score
I heard a wonderful version of this tune on the radio the other day, by the incomparable Sammy Davis Jr, so I thought I'd learn it. I added a little chord melody introduction, which is something I'm still learning about (and probably will be working at for many years to come!). Needless to say, I'm no Sammy Davis Jr either! Thanks for listening :)

I heard a wonderful version of this tune on the radio the other day, by the incomparable Sammy Davis Jr, so I thought I'd learn it. I added a little chord melody introduction, which is something I'm still learning about (and probably will be working at for many years to come!). Needless to say, I'm no Sammy Davis Jr either! Thanks for listening :)

That is some outstanding stuff!

Thank you Duckl! What a fantastic job on playing and singing. Sammy who.... LOL. I thoroughly enjoyed it to the end and appreciate you sharing with us all.

Such an excellent rendition! You've got the vibe nailed.

More Please!

Bluesy.

Wow—terrific playing, and you have the perfect voice for it! Love that whole “American Songbook” repertory.

Wow—terrific playing, and you have the perfect voice for it! Love that whole “American Songbook” repertory.
Thank you @Patty ! I’m head over heels for the classic tunes, I have all four volumes of the Real Vocal Books and relish rediscovering old gems. They don’t make ‘em like they used to.

so very, very lovely mate! :)
i'm w/ you on the old tunes - they sure
don't write em like that any more. thankfully we have an enormous
treasure chest to mine that will keep us busy and smiling for the
rest of our lives, eh. cheers brother!

so very, very lovely mate! :)
i'm w/ you on the old tunes - they sure
don't write em like that any more. thankfully we have an enormous
treasure chest to mine that will keep us busy and smiling for the
rest of our lives, eh. cheers brother!
Thanks @mountain goat for your very kind words, we dig similar music I think. It makes me so happy to think of how many more half-forgotten standards I have left to discover. I think it got me through lockdown!

Top Bottom