13 ..Unlucky for some ?

Right!! now the 13 fret uke has ended up as a 17 fret uke...All I have to do now is stick on the bridge fit some tuners and strings .. And your Dads brother is called Robert.;)

Last edited:
Are you going to use Peghed tuners, or stick with friction?

Just wondering...
To be honest I have fell out with Pegheds, they are an engenious design and look like violin pegs when fitted but are not easy to fit..and out of every set of four I find at least one that is not as smooth to operate as the rest..you have to ream the holes exactly right to get them all level, and to stop them unscrewing or over screwing you have to put a little glue on the threads. ..But after the glue has set they are very difficult to remove without damaging them...Also to lock them in place you just push them inwards..then when you pull them out again to retune they don't come off the taper easily and if you use extra force you can pull the spline part right out...it could be that I got a bad batch or that I'm incompetent of fitting them correctly but either way I prefer the friction type tuners similar to what Martin used in the first place...cos they are Martin repros aren't they :)

What a beautiful fretboard.

...but either way I prefer the friction type tuners similar to what Martin used in the first place...cos they are Martin repros aren't they :)

And very nice Martin Repros, at that.

After trying to get one - and being outbid on every single one - I found one of yours that a private seller had, and happily bought it a couple of weeks ago. It sat in Customs in New York City for 2 weeks, and I finally received it. The strings are still stretching, and I've not had much experience with friction tuners, but the tuners you use are much better than many I have tried using on other instruments, and so I am finally getting used to them. (I haven't posted pics yet, because I wanted to make sure that the seller came by the instrument legitimately - he said he bought it around 4 years ago, and never played it.)

I mentioned the instruments you currently have on eBay, and my wife looked at the screen, and said "So when is it arriving? it isn't a crime to buy a gorgeous uke as long as you play it."

(I'm thinking she wants me to get another one of yours...)

-Kurt​

Top Bottom