::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a city owned pond. Utecht Pond. We just learned at the deepest it is 22' deep. Right after they paved the path around the pond there was a massive kill off of hundreds and hundreds of goldfish. The City has always denied they caused it, but nobody believes them. My god, it stank. For weeks. Fishing was never the same after that.
We have just had the fortune to see it every day. I have looked out my family room window every single day I'm here and thought how lucky I am. The builder built this for himself and he also did most of the houses on our cul-de-sac. All I want is for someone to fall in love with the house and be happy here. It's the greatest house ever, we think.
Okay, that make sense. Yes, too bad about the fishing.

And that pond is huge. Here it would be called a lake, ha!

It is a city owned pond. Utecht Pond. We just learned at the deepest it is 22' deep. Right after they paved the path around the pond there was a massive kill off of hundreds and hundreds of goldfish. The City has always denied they caused it, but nobody believes them. My god, it stank. For weeks. Fishing was never the same after that.
We have just had the fortune to see it every day. I have looked out my family room window every single day I'm here and thought how lucky I am. The builder built this for himself and he also did most of the houses on our cul-de-sac. All I want is for someone to fall in love with the house and be happy here. It's the greatest house ever, we think.

So, why are you moving then? (I'm sure you already said this and I missed it or forgot it . . .)

About my fourth time.

I also lost (on paper) about 250K in stocks. In real money it was still 85K. Still hurts but my fault for thinking I knew something about stocks.

The pisser is that I was going to transfer my money but went golfing instead and then forgot about it for a couple weeks. And then tech stocks started to tank. I left my money in hoping a Yahoo or Google would buy out the company I had shares with. The didn't. They let it die. My savings went with it.

I have issues about my savings now.

Happens to us all. We lost A LOT in the S & L crisis. We'd be rollin' now if it weren't for that.

youre already claiming them as dependents? Then why aren't you kicking ass in taxes? You shouldn't be hurting at all.

Don't know but we are paying quite a bit every year. I'd like to get it down to half or defer enough of my salary so that I get taxed on it after I'm in a lower bracket.

Mika's parents are our dependants and we claim them as such. We intend to move them there as their primary residence and keep their apartment in SF for when they want to "vacation" here.

I'll double check, but I think we can get the tax credits that way.

What does your tax guy or gal say?

Don't know but we are paying quite a bit every year. I'd like to get it down to half or defer enough of my salary so that I get taxed on it after I'm in a lower bracket.

Do you do your own taxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom