::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of ours got fired last year because viewers (jealous old ladies) complained that she was too pretty and her clothes were too revealing.

Our two other stations have older women meteorologists that show much more cleavage but she was young, blonde, very hot, and hated apparently.

The comments to the station were hilarious. The way they judged her.

This is the Midwest so everything is very modest. Not so much hot as just pretty.

FvgLDTc.jpg

My new glass making and beer production once I get our boxes out

Yay! Spool happy for you.

I was witness to the infamous F-you fight in the math department.

We had two teachers, who both got fired the same year as this because they sucked, get into a verbal argument that resulted in "**** YOU!" being screamed back and forth. It was hilarious and sad to see two middle aged guys yell at each other like middle school kids.

I of course sat between them saying things like "Ooh, good comeback; You told him!; Are you going to take that? etc."

I was not very helpful. Both guys needed to be out of teaching, they sucked as teachers. As people too.

I unintentionally facilitated the conflict. I was the manager of the mail department - all Kaiser Northwest's mail was prepared or processed in our department (either made ready for pickup by the bulk mail house or actually posted and delivered to the post office). When we bought our current headquarters in Portland I realized that the space being given to our department was big enough to hold the whole operation. It had been divided between two facilities years before, supposedly because the space in the old headquarters was too small to do the job.

So I closed the outlying operation down and brought the staff there to the headquarters. Big cost savings, huge efficiency improvements. When I announced the plan to shut down the Sunnyside mail room someone pulled me aside and said, "You know they opened Sunnyside because Dave and John couldn't work together, right?"

Floored me. They did all that - and trampled the department's efficiency - simply because two grown men couldn't be adults together. I just said, "Well, they'd better learn to work together now, because I'm not going to spend keep this setup going just because they can't grow up."

It took about 6 months before the almost-fist-fight happened.

I have to say, my lazy girl frittata turned out amazing. Maybe a touch too much pepper is all.

Crack and stir a dozen eggs. Add 3/4 tsp salt and I'm gonna say a half tsp pepper instead of the 3/4 I used today.
Sautee onions in oil. Remove onions & dump into eggs. Wilt a bag of spinach. Remove spinach and dump into eggs. Add a thing of feta cheese.
Stir it all up and dump into greased baking dish.
Bake at 450 for.... I don't know. Start peeking at it around 15 min. When it's ready, the top will rise and not be easy to push down, and there should be a little browning.
Let it cool before cutting into 6 pieces.

BOOM, that's your breakfast made for all week. Fridge or freeze or whatevs.

This is becoming one of my healthy routines for 2018, because otherwise I eat a TON of cereal. I'm just automating my daytime meals because otherwise I forget til I'm too hungry to cook, and just eat garbage. For a while now I've been eating freezer meals every day for lunch and it's made a huge difference in keeping me eating healthyish and on a routine. It was a real lightbulb to say "freezer meals aren't just for taking to work!" Most of them are about 400 calories so I'm ok with that.

I have to say, my lazy girl frittata turned out amazing. Maybe a touch too much pepper is all.

Crack and stir a dozen eggs. Add 3/4 tsp salt and I'm gonna say a half tsp pepper instead of the 3/4 I used today.
Sautee onions in oil. Remove onions & dump into eggs. Wilt a bag of spinach. Remove spinach and dump into eggs. Add a thing of feta cheese.
Stir it all up and dump into greased baking dish.
Bake at 450 for.... I don't know. Start peeking at it around 15 min. When it's ready, the top will rise and not be easy to push down, and there should be a little browning.
Let it cool before cutting into 6 pieces.

BOOM, that's your breakfast made for all week. Fridge or freeze or whatevs.

This is becoming one of my healthy routines for 2018, because otherwise I eat a TON of cereal. I'm just automating my daytime meals because otherwise I forget til I'm too hungry to cook, and just eat garbage. For a while now I've been eating freezer meals every day for lunch and it's made a huge difference in keeping me eating healthyish and on a routine. It was a real lightbulb to say "freezer meals aren't just for taking to work!" Most of them are about 400 calories so I'm ok with that.

Noms! We keep boiled eggs and steamed egg bites on hand. Getting a little bored with those. I’ll have to try that. It never occurred to me to freeze frittatas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom