Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Can I just say that the final two days of each season feels like you're just playing music to a void. It's total crickets. I know I didn't suck but, damn, the response on my last vid feels like I did.

Can I just say that the final two days of each season feels like you're just playing music to a void. It's total crickets. I know I didn't suck but, damn, the response on my last vid feels like I did.
I think most of us are just here to have fun, Arvin - well, I know I am - you shouldn't take it personally! It always happens that once the new theme is announced, then entries and comments tail off for the theme that is currently running. It can be irritating for that week's host as well as for any "late" posters ... but that's just the way that things are arranged. (And, on reflection, it probably helps if you - by which I mean "one" - can find the time to comment on others' contributions; people will be more inclined to listen to yours whenever in the week it occurs.) It's obvious that you take your music seriously and what you produce is great ... don't be discouraged!

Last edited:
Arvin, just out of interest can I ask how many of the videos on the playlist for Marin’s season you commented on? I have to say I haven’t looked through all of them but I can’t find one comment by you on the several I did look at. In fairness to Marin she didn’t have to put your video on the playlist at all as it was submitted way past the deadline. Isn’t it a bit of a double standard to bemoan not getting much attention for your vid when you haven’t (as far as I can tell) paid much attention to others on Marin’s season? Fwiw when I put a vid up, it’s always nice to have comments from others. I try as much as I can, to comment on other Seasonistas videos too, it’s a reciprocal thing I guess. But if I get 20 comments or zero, I’m not going to let it bother me.

Edit: I can see that you have commented a couple of times but I think my point is still solidly valid.

Last edited:
There are different measures for attention.
One is comments.
Another is views.

I remember once I spend a lot of time on a video, and posted it on Sunday. According to YT it got as much as 4 views. The average view length so short, that not one of the viewers could have watched it in its entirety - not even the host, who did, as it is custom, comment on it.

As someone who, when I participate, take care to listen to all entries - even if I dont have the dedication to comment on more than a few - I find it tough when no one even listens to the effort you put into a song. It is not only about comments, though they are nice to get.

I agree it’s not just about comments but no matter how much work you put into a video, that doesn’t automatically entitle anyone to people’s attention and to be honest, having a moan on here because you haven’t got the view or “likes” or comments or whatever you feel your work deserves is for me personally, likely to lead to less views, less “likes” and less comments.

There are different measures for attention.
One is comments.
Another is views.

I remember once I spend a lot of time on a video, and posted it on Sunday. According to YT it got as much as 4 views. The average view length so short, that not one of the viewers could have watched it in its entirety - not even the host, who did, as it is custom, comment on it.

As someone who, when I participate, take care to listen to all entries - even if I dont have the dedication to comment on more than a few - I find it tough when no one even listens to the effort you put into a song. It is not only about comments, though they are nice to get.
I suspect TikTok may be responsible for people having the attention span of a gnat nowadays, not to mention Facebook; it's hard to ignore stats, but I had about 1700 followers on my previous YouTube channel which is just meaningless, and reminds me of this meme. I am realistic enough to know there are considerably more talented (and better looking!) people than me whose artistry will never see the light of day on here, or on YouTube, however I think anything over 2:20 is overestimating the generosity of listeners' time.

49823951_1m.jpg

Top Bottom