“Welcome To The” Word Game

don_b

Reaction score
A new word game where essentially, you have a little fun parodying the opening line of Guns-N-Roses “Welcome to the Jungle”

for example:

“Welcome to the car wash, time to clean the car.” — Axl Rose voice

“Welcome to the strip mall, stores are everywhere” — Axl Rose voice

I’ll go first:

“Welcome to the uke shop, everything is small.” — Axl Rose voice

welcome to my sarcasm, i like to mock - donboody voice
Hey, I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to mock the word games with this thread. This Axl Rose thing is a thing I kind of do in real life. I thought it might be a fun word game. I admit, I did point out there are a lot of word games on the New Posts page in another thread. Man, I hope I don’t have a reputation for sarcastic mockery. If I do, I’m really sorry everybody. Honestly. I really hope nobody thinks I’m a mean person.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this and I think maybe my word game attempt has come off this way because I haven’t been clear. The point of showing my 3 examples above, and including “Axl Rose voice” after each of them was to show that it was supposed to match the cadence of the opening line of Welcome to the Jungle. So, the object of the game is to find a place and a few words that fit into that cadence and, presumably, the melody. If you sing it in your head to the tune of Welcome to the Jungle and it works, then you’ve got one that works.

Again, I apologize if this came off disrespectful. This thread wasn’t an attempt to mock anything, except maybe Axl Rose and even then, not deliberately. Also I apologize if I’m not getting the benefit of the doubt on this because I carry myself here differently than I perceive. I’ll be better.

Last edited:
Welcome to my ukulele, everything sounds dark - me

Hey, I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to mock the word games with this thread. This Axl Rose thing is a thing I kind of do in real life. I thought it might be a fun word game. I admit, I did point out there are a lot of word games on the New Posts page in another thread. Man, I hope I don’t have a reputation for sarcastic mockery. If I do, I’m really sorry everybody. Honestly. I really hope nobody thinks I’m a mean person.
hey brother, no worries at all! on reflection, perhaps i over-reacted.
the mentioning of the word-games in the other thread did seem a bit mean spirited to me
but then, as one who participates in them, i have an obvious bias.
in truth i found the whole premise of that thread to be wholly moot -
i mean it does only take a split second to scroll over anything that doesn't interest!
all good mate and thanks for the clarification. cheers. :)

hey brother, no worries at all! on reflection, perhaps i over-reacted.
the mentioning of the word-games in the other thread did seem a bit mean spirited to me
but then, as one who participates in them, i have an obvious bias.
in truth i found the whole premise of that thread to be wholly moot -
i mean it does only take a split second to scroll over anything that doesn't interest!
all good mate and thanks for the clarification. cheers. :)
Understood, no hard feelings at all 😀

welcome to the word game, things have gotten weird.

Oh dear. i saw the Axl Rose reference, but his voice does not come to mind. Sorry. Just the “Welcome to …“ plus a witty response seems fun enough.

Top Bottom