Aloha🌸From a Gypsea 🌎

Welcome to UU, Rosalei!

Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I'm sure you'll enjoy these forums!

Ukulele is a GREAT starting point for stringed adventure.
Someday, just rent a violin for a month. A decent student version from a reputable music store in your area. It will take a teacher to get you going because there are proper bow holds to master, hand placements and the ever popular intonations. Thats where to put your fingers on a fretless fingerboard.
Once you get the hang of it, a whole world opens up.
Ah yes my daughter took violin lessons for a bit when she was young and I tried it a few times. It was tricky to get a clear sound with the middle strings! I'm also interested in slack key .. haha too many interests 😅 But I'm finding the uke is extremely user friendly and helping me understand the basics of music theory when I was always intimated in exploring that before. So much fun 🎶

Welcome to UU, Rosalei!

Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I'm sure you'll enjoy these forums!
Hello🌸 I've been browsing a bit and there's so much great content here and seems like such a great supportive community. Thank you for the warm welcome 🌸🩷

Ah yes my daughter took violin lessons for a bit when she was young and I tried it a few times. It was tricky to get a clear sound with the middle strings! I'm also interested in slack key .. haha too many interests 😅 But I'm finding the uke is extremely user friendly and helping me understand the basics of music theory when I was always intimated in exploring that before. So much fun 🎶
LOL!!!!
Welcome to my life!!!
I'm guilty of having too many interests as well. Flying, oil painting, music, wood working, etc.
I think you're on the right track with ukulele. Wish I had known about them when I was growing up and
trying my best to sound like Grand Funk railroad on my Sears guitar.

LOL!!!!
Welcome to my life!!!
I'm guilty of having too many interests as well. Flying, oil painting, music, wood working, etc.
I think you're on the right track with ukulele. Wish I had known about them when I was growing up and
trying my best to sound like Grand Funk railroad on my Sears guitar. wish I had started before too. I used to strum the guitar to my kids when they were little but only knew a few chords. This would've been perfect for those days.

Oh wow, flying is on my bucket list! I want to get my private pilot lisence some day. What do you fly? Also paragliding is on the list. And I love painting 🎨
I wish I had learned this earlier, too. I tried learning guitar a few times but life was too busy, the uke would have been a better option then. Better late than never 😊

Oh wow, flying is on my bucket list! I want to get my private pilot lisence some day. What do you fly? Also paragliding is on the list. And I love painting 🎨
I wish I had learned this earlier, too. I tried learning guitar a few times but life was too busy, the uke would have been a better option then. Better late than never 😊
Been flying single engine airplanes pretty much since I was 17.
Piper Cubs are my favs along with Stearmans.
I love taking friends in C172's though. Its a great ride.

LOVE my gliders as well.
Actually, gliding was my first license back in the day.

I have a smidgeon of time in seaplanes and a small bit of time in helicopters but I keep returning to 65 Hp cubs!!!
I'll post a pick or two.

Been flying single engine airplanes pretty much since I was 17.
Piper Cubs are my favs along with Stearmans.
I love taking friends in C172's though. Its a great ride.

LOVE my gliders as well.
Actually, gliding was my first license back in the day.

I have a smidgeon of time in seaplanes and a small bit of time in helicopters but I keep returning to 65 Hp cubs!!!
I'll post a pick
That's so young to start 😊do you ever do aerobatics? I've only been in small planes a couple times in my life, but that was enough to spark a love of it. I'm not interested in helicopters, idk why, but seaplanes would open up a whole other world to explore.
Did you hear about the guy that flew a Cessna from California to Hawaii?
Would love to see some pics of your planes 😊🌸

Top Bottom