Amp advice needed: Acoustic AG30 or Ibanez Troubador t30-h?

Colonel Uke

Reaction score
I'm trying to choose between small amps for small coffee house type gigs with a single ukulele with a pickup and a single microphone. Ive narrowed it down to two choices. Both have two inputs, XLR and instrument, with chorus and reverb options. Anyone have any experience or advice with either the Acoustic AG30 or the Ibanez Troubador T30-h? I'm wanting something smallish, not too expensive, but with good sound. Thoughts?

Acoustic AG30
Ibanez Troubador t30-h

I haven't used either but my two bobs worth is. The Ibanez acoustic amp is the known brand name that's been around a while in some markets and has a good reputation. The Acoustic is a generic brand although its most likely a decent amp.

Just looking at the features, the Acoustic has a better specified eq section with a sweepable mid control but the eq is the same for both channels. The Ibanez has separate eq but only treble and bass. The Acoustic has a combination XLR/1/4" connector for both channels while the Ibanez has 1/4" only for instrument and XLR only for vocal which is OK, my Roland AC-33 is the same but on paper the combination plugs are more flexible.

When it comes down to it you need to try them both for sound.

Anthony

Last edited:
Thanks. Your insight was helpful. I tested out the Acoustic yesterday. And it's just not for me. Very bass heavy, even dialed way down. No master volume control, only volume controls on each channel which was weird, but the big thing for me was that the 16 on board effects, (which were minimal reverb, chorus, and flange and I probably wouldn't use much anyway), were on the master only. There's no way to not have an effect on one of the channels and still have it on the other. This coupled with the size and weight, I think I'm going to go with the Ibanez. I played it a few days ago and was pleased. Not having the combination plugs isn't a big deal for me. This setup would only be for 1 instrument, 1 mic gigs anyway. For anything else I would bring my larger setup.

Thanks. Your insight was helpful. I tested out the Acoustic yesterday. And it's just not for me. Very bass heavy, even dialed way down. No master volume control, only volume controls on each channel which was weird, but the big thing for me was that the 16 on board effects, (which were minimal reverb, chorus, and flange and I probably wouldn't use much anyway), were on the master only. There's no way to not have an effect on one of the channels and still have it on the other. This coupled with the size and weight, I think I'm going to go with the Ibanez. I played it a few days ago and was pleased. Not having the combination plugs isn't a big deal for me. This setup would only be for 1 instrument, 1 mic gigs anyway. For anything else I would bring my larger setup.

I am glad you got to try both. That is the only way you are going to know what works best for you. I would like to see a video of you jamming once you get the rig and do a gig.

Top Bottom