Anyone in Richmond, VA?

Valerie

Reaction score
Well, I know one person is... And I'm sure to badger him in PM's later.

But anyways, I've been assigned to do a rotation at the VCU Medical Center- and never having been to Richmond in my life...

Do any of you local's know anything about the area? Is it safe (I like to walk/run/bike outside)? Is there housing nearby? Is the hospital as big as I fear??? How is traffic commuting into the city? (if housing is scare in the city- I'd need something short term, affordable, and safe- which is, I know, also asking the near-impossible.)

Anyways: I'm excited! But probably going to be nervous until the site sends me my info packet- which could be months from now...

Hi Valerie. I am in the Richmond area. Don't know if I can help on some of your questions but will try. I do have a good friend who has been a hospital administrator in Richmond and presently teaches a few courses in hosp. admin. at VCU medical. VCU (formerly called Medical College of Va.) is located downtown and has had a great reputation for many years. (They saved my life over 20 years ago-had a stage 3 hodgkins lymphoma) Feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to give you my Phone # is you want to talk or you can email me at ronva@verizon.net.

Take care.

Top Bottom