Bluebird (Paul McCartney and Wings)

I love it John. (Except that darn E!!) Thanks so much for posting your songs.

Right on, and also very nice of you to put in the lyric/chords etc.
And an appropriate choice as Paul was also a ukester.

Beautifully done, John! Such a pretty song, and "holds up" so well after all these years! Wonderful footage of your winged friend there, too!
Thanks, Bill! I think this song matches Paul McCartney's other mellow songs at his best, such as "I Will" and "Here, There, Everywhere." I'm glad you like the bird footage, too! :)

Wonderful job on a beautiful McCartney tune. Loved looking at the garden while enjoying the music. Thank you my friend, keep them coming John!
Thanks, Joe! Making videos like this allows me to combine two of my favorite hobbies, playing the ukulele and gardening! :)

I love it John. (Except that darn E!!) Thanks so much for posting your songs.
Thanks, bilbo56! E7 might work okay in that spot, but don't give up on the E. If you barre across the second fret to make the Bm7 chord (that precedes the E chord) with your index finger, then keep the finger there and extend the other fingers to cover the 4th fret on the G, C, and E strings (middle finger on the G string), ring finger on the C string, and baby finger on the E string. It might feel awkward at first, but I think with some practice, it'll get easier and easier to do. :)

Another winner, John. (y) Video of birds, Paul McCartney & Wings, Bluebird - is there a theme? 🤔
Thanks, Bill! You can call this my "bird" video, I guess! But my "Feed the Birds" video has a surprise ending, so I consider that a more interesting "bird" video. Here it is if you're interested:

Right on, and also very nice of you to put in the lyric/chords etc.
And an appropriate choice as Paul was also a ukester.
Thanks, Timm! Yes, I remember Paul did a great job on "Something" while playing the ukulele in the Concert for George. :)

Coincidentally—this morning on my way into work, I had the Beatles Channel playing Peter Asher's program "From Me To You" and he devoted a whole segment to songs featuring Ukulele and Banjolele from the Beatles period, including "Ram On" by Paul, and "Lady Godiva" by Peter and Gordon (banjolele) and others. Kind of fun to catch that! 😁

1710104430827.jpeg

Coincidentally—this morning on my way into work, I had the Beatles Channel playing Peter Asher's program "From Me To You" and he devoted a whole segment to songs featuring Ukulele and Banjolele from the Beatles period, including "Ram On" by Paul, and "Lady Godiva" by Peter and Gordon (banjolele) and others. Kind of fun to catch that! 😁

View attachment 168232
Thanks for sharing, Timm. That reminds me of the ending of the "Free as a Bird" music video that ends with a vaudeville ukulele banjo player on stage, playing a bit, then taking a bow as the curtain closes. If I recall correctly, the producer of that video said that George Harrison wanted to do that bit, but the producer vetoed the idea, only to regret not doing it.

I had not seen that video for a very long time, so I had to go watch it again just now, that was a very cool way to end it, yes.

Thanks, Bill! You can call this my "bird" video, I guess! But my "Feed the Birds" video has a surprise ending, so I consider that a more interesting "bird" video. Here it is if you're interested:

That's quite a jump you make there, John. Disney's Mary Poppins to Hitchcock's The Birds,. Both early 1960's, I believe. I can remember watching both movies as a youngster and having very different reactions to each. :)

That's quite a jump you make there, John. Disney's Mary Poppins to Hitchcock's The Birds,. Both early 1960's, I believe. I can remember watching both movies as a youngster and having very different reactions to each. :)
I just thought the contrast between the two views of birds would be really funny. Thanks for checking it out! :)

Top Bottom