Blues licks & riffs

JackR

Reaction score
Looking for collections of blues licks. Uke, baritone or guitar OK. At 75+, I'm not sure I have the time to work them all out for myself (for baritone). Any leads or help appreciated.
Thanks.

Just adding that Phil Dolman has a Level Up Series that he's begun on YouTube. The first is a 12 Bar Blues lick in the key of G. He'll add a new one each week, so while it's not a book, they'll all be in that Level Up series.

Here's the link to video #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVDB18Mqoy4

Bluesy.

my favorite resources are

1. Lil Rev's book, 101 ukulele licks. I don't have access to my copy right now, but I remember that it had blues licks for every key. Of course, with a little bit of theory you can transpose any or all of those licks into whatever key you want.
2. I have followed for years Tenthumbspro. He has two emphases. One is very rock/pop oriented. The other is devoted to blues and music composition. He'll devote lessons to the pentatonics in various keys, to making your own solos, or to riffs in the style of this-or-that person.

Thanks for these, Ripock, especially 101 Blues Licks.

Bluesy.

Thanks Ripock. 101 ukulele licks looked familiar and I found it on the bottom of a stack of books in my office. Forgot that I bought it a while ago. (another senior problem). Have a good week everyone.

Top Bottom