Clawhammer. New to this technique, any good songs/tabs using clawhammer?

aehalt

Reaction score
i know this is a generic question, and there i'm about to review all the search results for clawhammer, but i have the basic technique down so i'd like to ask if there are tabs that can represent this interesting strumming style.

thanks!

Thanks a lot for posting this! I'm working on claw hammer as well but I love the banjo style picking he's doing too! I'm adding it to my list to learn...

Yeah I am trying forward rolls. For some reason clawhammer doesn't sound right to me. I always used a fiddle shuffle with mandolin. pluck the top string then strum the rest. Kind of a backwards clawhammer.

I use this technique for rhythm playing all the time. The reentrant tuning sounds great on my homemade tenor ukulele-banjo clawhammer style. I just play the chords but use clawhammer instead of a regular strum. It is lots of fun. I live in Washington State and have to take the ferry accross Puget Sound from time-to- time. I want to develop a repertoire of songs I can busk when I ride. I figure the uniqueness of the instrument will facilitate the grift :).

Top Bottom