Fiber washers for Grover Champion friction tuners?

strumsilly

Reaction score
The tuners on my "56 Martin tenor are the ones with the fiber washers, 85b's think. I've taken them apart and the washers were kind of glazed, so I flipped them over , it might have helped a little, but they have to be pretty tight to hold, which makes tuning a chore. I'm not opposed to friction tuners, I love the ones on my Koaloha, but I hate these. I have toyed with the idea of UPT's, pegheads, and Grover geared, but since the only real difference between a new set of Champion and these would be the washers, as they are the only part that touches wood. I went to my local hardware store, but could not find a match. so I'm giving these one last chance if I can find the washers. I looked online but couldn't find a source. anyone know where I could find 8 of these. I think they are 8.23x8.64 mm and pretty thin. I could buy an new set of the 85B's to get the washers, but then I might as well go geared or UPT.

I bought a new set of grover tuners for an old uke I had and I lost one of the nylon? washers . I emailed Grover and they mailed me a few free of charge. I think 85b's are still made by Grover ,
send them an email and maybe they can help you out.

I bought a new set of grover tuners for an old uke I had and I lost one of the nylon? washers . I emailed Grover and they mailed me a few free of charge. I think 85b's are still made by Grover ,
send them an email and maybe they can help you out.

Yep, emailed them, and waiting for me in the mailbox were 8 fiber washers, Thanks Pete, and Grover.

Top Bottom