Greetings from N. Central WV!

habe

Reaction score
I'm located in N. Central West Virginia, about 1 1/2 hours south of Pittsburgh, PA.

The wife and I are both originally from Pittsburgh and will possibly be moving back in 3 or 4 years when I'm eligible to retire from the FAA (I'm an air traffic controller). We're also currently looking at the possibility of retiring to Hawaii so, I figured I may as well get a head start on the ukulele.

I don't currently play any instruments but, really like the ukulele sound so thought I'd give it a try. (can't lie though, I'm old and I also figure it will be easier to learn to chord 4 strings versus 6!!) I plan on starting out with all of the great video lessons I've found online from Ukuleleunderground, musicteacher2010 and others. My son dabbles in guitar so I figure he may be able to help me out a little.

I'm sure I'll have questions in the future so, thanks in advance...

Jeff

Welcome to UU... There's great information here! I have learned to much! Do you already have a ukulele? It' just so much fun!
Carrie

Welcome to the UU!! Tons of info can be found here as well as help!

Aloha Jeff,
Welcome to the UU and our forums, and the ukulele.....there is alot of UU ukers in your area too....there's also the philly uke group that gets together...Have fun and enjoy!!!Happy Strummings!!! MM Stan

Thanks everyone! I'm ordering my first uke this week and I'm still a little undecided. i plan on posting a purchase question next in one of the other sections.....

mm stan, I was just in Honolulu for 9 days in mid September for a convention/vacation and stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. I was lucky enough to get to attend a private party at the Waikiki Sheraton that had Willie K. for the entertainment. Man, he was awesome!!! He only played 2 songs on his ukelele but wow, does he put on a show! His Hotel California cover on guitar was fantastic. I've been to a lot of concerts and I'll have to say that he rates right up there at the top.

habe

Aloha Habe,
Willie is a great preformer, one of Hawaii's best on stage, he is also a great singer and guitar and ukulele player...he can really work the audience...
My best song I like from him is "You Ku'u ipo...check it out on You-Tube...also he used to be part of the duo with Amy Hanai Ali'i check her out too..
the girl has some pipes....they are both awesome..Willy K. is so versitle that he can play the guitar and sing in any style which makes him so
entertaining....probally one of the most sought after here...I'm glad you had the oppertunity to see him....and you're right, I would rather see
him as he makes the night soo memorable........Have Fun and Enjoy here and your ukulele...Happy Strummings!! MM Stan...

Where you at, Morgantown?
Give my regards to the old neighborhood, regardless. Trying desperately to get back there.
Getcha a uke and join in when you catch on. Welcome!

Top Bottom