Song Help Request I REALLY WANT TO LEArN HOW TO PLAY FEARLESS BY TAYLOR SWIFT

nikiuke1217

Reaction score
So i saw taylor play the uke at her concert and fell in love with it so i bought one and now can play a few simple songs but i really want to learn how to play Fearless. I found the chords online but i can't figure out the strum pattern. please help heres the video of her playing it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05yIF2-WXrs

strum pattern

i think the strumming is similar to I'm yours the simple verse on youtube which means it is UDUDUDUD..and so on..but when you strike down,make it stronger and slower than striking up :)) hope it helps

It looks like she is strumming with a pick. The pic seems to be backwards, everything else I've ever seen from her she is playing right handed.
um... do you not know what strumming pattern means?

i think the strumming is similar to I'm yours the simple verse on youtube which means it is UDUDUDUD..and so on..but when you strike down,make it stronger and slower than striking up :)) hope it helps

thanks i mean i'll try that hopefully it works but since I'm a beginner its kinda hard

When I'm having difficulty with just one aspect of a song, I like to try to isolate that activity and focus on it by itself. If you're having trouble with the strum pattern, try strumming along with a recording of the song while deadening the strings with your left hand ("chunking") so you can focus completely on getting the rhythm without having to worry about changing chords. Once your right hand learns the rhythm, then add the left hand chord changes. Then vocals.
And be patient. It takes time and practice.

Oh, and one note of board etiquette: don't put your title in all caps. It looks like you're yelling at us. ;)

Niki
My daughter is a Taylor Swift fan and she has this book: Taylor Swift for Ukulele which has "Fearless" in it. It has chords as well as the notes (but not tabs, so you'd need to be able to read music and find the notes on the fretboard if you wanted to do the melody).

Top Bottom