Last of the Days of Bling

I’ve just googled Moloka’i and I would very much like to talk about it please 😍
I only mentioned it because Pete’s going there. And I was just trying to derail his post further! ;). We lived on Moloka’i for 10 years back in the 80s. It’s a very special place. Now this train has totally gone off it’s tracks! You‘re welcome Pete! ;)

I only mentioned it because Pete’s going there. And I was just trying to derail his post further! ;). We lived on Moloka’i for 10 years back in the 80s. It’s a very special place. Now this train has totally gone off it’s tracks! You‘re welcome Pete! ;)
Haha, well I think you succeeded! Moloka’i looks quite wonderful, thank you for incidentally drawing it to my attention 😊

I now know why I recused myself from this forum. What have any of your replies got to do with the topic of the post? Talk about hi-jacking - well and truly mugged! Goodbye. You clearly don't want to see how this build progresses.
congratulations! you have been awarded the
"Best Troller of My Own Thread" award!

Meh, Pete is a bit of a crank, and if you don't believe me, then he will tell you himself that its true.
Thread drift on internet forums is just so "normal". You just have to drift it back to topic, if you want.
No pressure.

A Song for Moloka'i is about pride for the ancestral island. Bit incongruous that it is set to the tune of 'Tenting Tonight', the American Civil War song. Perhaps someone could give a rendition?

Wait, what? Pete's going to Moloka'i!? 😮.

Wait, what? Pete's going to Moloka'i!? 😮.
Pete’s only going there on Holiday. But Eric DeVine recently moved there. To the hot and dry side. Good weather for building ukes where he is. The photo that Bob attached above is of Kalaupapa on the backside, non accessible by car. It’s the former leper colony. Gorgeous place. Does anyone know what would cause a rear brake caliper to stick? It only does it one every few months

Pete’s only going there on Holiday. But Eric DeVine recently moved there. To the hot and dry side. Good weather for building ukes where he is. The photo that Bob attached above is of Kalaupapa on the backside, non accessible by car. It’s the former leper colony. Gorgeous place. Does anyone know what would cause a rear brake caliper to stick? It only does it one every few months
Sticking rear brake caliper - not a clue. But can anyone recommend a good dial caliper?

That’s great! Pete! -email me, come on over to the Big Island! Molokai is beautiful, I was good friends with the people that owned the Friendly Market so was over there all the time, absolutely my kind of place, but not enough koa trees. Plenty of milo and kou though…

Here’s the view from Hilo town. The flow is not currently posing any danger to people or property (except for the wild goats that call Maunaloa home). Only hazard is from vog for people who live downwind. Nasty stuff. Maui and Oahu are getting vog now. These photos are inspiring me for new inlay designs. Bling. See, I brought the thread full circle!
Anyone know what causes brown spots on avocado leaves?

Attachments

• 5C4F7B2A-D17D-4B8D-88C9-FDA79F716BAB.jpeg
    5C4F7B2A-D17D-4B8D-88C9-FDA79F716BAB.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 14
  • F575ACC6-EA44-475A-845E-8939A0A56909.jpeg
    F575ACC6-EA44-475A-845E-8939A0A56909.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 13
That’s great! Pete! -email me, come on over to the Big Island! Molokai is beautiful, I was good friends with the people that owned the Friendly Market so was over there all the time, absolutely my kind of place, but not enough koa trees. Plenty of milo and kou though…
Misaki’s is better though. More local. And how about Taki’s hardware store? Could find anything there! Where you live on BI?
BTW, Pete and his lovely wife were in BI a few years ago.

Misaki’s is better though. More local. And how about Taki’s hardware store? Could find anything there! Where you live on BI?
BTW, Pete and his lovely wife were in BI a few years ago.
More local?😂 I remember the hardware store sold these enormous spotlights that people would mount to their trucks to shoot deer at night. Different rules over there.

I met Pete when I was living in the UK a few years ago. He was incredibly generous with his time and knowledge, gave me tools, spent an entire day showing me how to set up. Would love to return the favour.

I’m down in south kona, directly downhill from the southwest rift. Good times 🤙

Top Bottom